I am looking for a new Laptop

njh219

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Hi all, I am on the hunt for a new laptop and am just totally overwhelmed by whats out there.
I am a gamer, tried and true, and have a beast of a desktop at home. However, I also need a laptop for when I travel and for when I go into my lab (everyday).
To that end I have a maximum budget of 2,000 and am looking for a medium weight (under 7 lbs), medium size (14-15.6' screen) that can hold a charge for at least 3 hours.
The I7-2720QM looks like the right processor and in terms of video card I like the 555m with optimus (although if a laptop has the 460m and can hold a charge that'd be awesome). 8 gb ram and 1080p screen is also necessary.
I like the Dell XPS 15 but the video card is a little underpowered and it seems expensive compared to other laptops. Also, the 15z looks awesome, but the components are fairly underpowered compared to the original 15.
Any opinions? Thank you!

wigglerthefish

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Battalion_101_W150HRQ_Gaming_Laptop

Although I haven't bought anything from them, the laptops have the same level of customization as the desktops. You can make it suited for your needs. As for the weight, however, I have no idea. Try avoiding HDDs (SSDs instead) or have only one drive (battery life too). Power-wise, this will do, depending on your budget.

It might be more expensive, but you can choose what you want (hard to do easily when purchasing a laptop).

TRENDING THREADS