VivaCohen

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
Hello,

I reset my computer to factory settings a few months ago. Everything is working fine other than my USB ports. When I plug anything in (ipod or phone etc.) into the ports, they don't show up. I've reset my computer to factory settings before and have never had this problem. I went to the control panel and it says everything is up to date. Any ideas?

VivaCohen

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011

Well a few hours after I made the initial post here I started seeing the yellow triangle. I hadn't been seeing it before. It was where my phone was plugged in and it was error code 39. I uninstalled the driver then reinstalled it. It fixed the problem for my iphone. Same thing happened for my external hard drive. It fixed the problem. But my disk drive is still not working and there isn't a yellow triangle next to it. There are no error messages, everything is updated, I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it and still no change. Nothing shows up when I put a disk in. Any ideas?

VivaCohen

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011

And yes, I did a windows update. Still no change!

VivaCohen

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
Sorry, no. It's just the disc drive in my computer. When I go to Disc Drives in Device Manager the disc shows up and says its working properly. Here it is called WDC WD2500BEVT-75ZCT2 (which doesn't show up if I type that into Run) But when I go to Computer Management/Storage/Disc Management it shows up but doesn't have a name. Someone recommended that I try changing the drive letters and paths from here, but there is no option to do that for the disc.

The disc I am trying to get to work is a startup disc to connect a new printer to my computer. Could it not be working because I'm using someone else's network at the moment? I wouldn't think that would make a difference.

VivaCohen

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
Well I tried everything, and I finally tried something that worked! I went into the Registry and deleted the upper and lower filters, rebooted, and walah! problem solved=)