Output full video on 2ndary monitor while in clone mode

jeffbeck

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to have a laptop running on a ATI Mobility 5700 series Video card display full screen video on a secondary monitor that is cloned.

To give you an example, I am playing some sort of video file using VLC. On my laptop monitor the program is playing the video and I can see the video in a small window. The projector video that is a clone of my laptop screen will play the video in full screen mode as soon as I start the video.

I can control the video timeline on my monitor and all that everyone will see on the projector is the video.

Once I close the video down the projector is now displaying a clone of my laptop.

I am able to accomplish this on my old laptop running a GeforceGo 7300 using some old drivers. The newer drivers have taken away this ability.

Any insight?

Thanks.

rusek

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
I've never had ATI GPU (only some NV) but as i remember the function you're talking about was an "Overlay Video" on secondary screen. Used it on some old GF4 MX. But I don't have idea how to get that on newer drivers/ATI card.