Resolution drops with 2nd monitor

Hello,I have an HP Pavilion Laptop. I have attached an external Sony monitor. It works fine except on restart or coming out of sleep mode, the resolution on the laptop monitor drops. I have it set at 1680 x 1050, but it drops to 1400 x 1050. So each time I manually reset it and go on happily until another sleep or restart. Any ideas?
5 answers Last reply
More about resolution drops monitor
  1. That really seems like you have buggy video drivers installed. There should be a support page on the HP site for your PC model containing drivers and software.

What is the model number of the laptop?
  2. My laptop is an HP Pavilion dv9700 Notebook PC.
  3. abrahammackey said:
    My laptop is an HP Pavilion dv9700 Notebook PC.

Need a little more info. There's around 20 submodels (dv9758ca) each with different configurations including different video capabilities. Which do you have?
  4. My Display Adapter is: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GS
    My Processor is: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz
    My Monitor is: Generic PnP Monitor
    My Computer is: ACPI x64-based PC

Does any of that information help? Is there something more?
  5. It helps, but now I have more questions...

Which OS are you running?

Did an HP update program come with the laptop? That includes driver downloads/updates?

A lot of times, the reference spec is tweaked a bit on video cards produced for PC manufacturers, especially in the case of notebooks. You basically need to download the drivers from HP for these and not from Nvidia. Do you have the support link for your laptop?
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Laptops Resolution Monitors Graphics