NEED HELP

Hi there im in the process of upgrading my pc but am stuck on wat to get next? :o
My choices are, upgrade my MB, CPU, RAM. or upgrade graphics card?
UPGRADE:
ECS p55h-a motherboard
Intel Core i3 530
Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1800mhz 4GB

Graphics:
5870 or GTX 460

my urrent rig:
core 2 duo e5300 @2.6ghz
ECS G31T-M7
4gb 800- 800mhz
HD 4870 512mb
19" moniter (1440x 900)
thnx
5 answers Last reply
More about need help
  1. 8GB of 1.3GHz memory will give you more "bang for your buck" than 4GB of 1.8GHz and will retail roughly at the same price. I recommend Corsair, OCZ, Kingston and Crucial. G.Skill too of course.

Don't buy P55 because it's almost a lost cause now, Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bride is the way forward (Look for socket-1155).

As you can see from the benchmarks above (provided by TechPowerUp), the HD5870 is generally a better card but the GTX-460 will give you more for your money; Especially at 1440x900.
  2. thanx for the peply. the only reason for that MB, CPU ect. is that i can get a good deal on it, but maybe if i just bought RAM and CPU and look for a different motherboard that would be a better bet?
  3. crincler said:
    but maybe if i just bought RAM and CPU and look for a different motherboard that would be a better bet?

The i3-530 isn't compatible with 1155-motherboards.
  4. o ok...well since it looks like im rather going to upgrade my MB and CPU then thnx :)
  5. Well im on a very very tight budget since i live in south africa and everthing is so damn expensive :( but was wondering wat a good socket 1155 motherboard and cpu would be? i would put it at around $300. i know that that is very little but that is not counting RAM... any help would be great thanx
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product