Samsung Synmaster 955DF

Dilly

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
Hi, I just purchased this monitor, the samsung syncmaster 955DF. I installed the CD and then used the calibration software, and then it restarted my computer, and each time it looks for a floppy in the A: drive, and DOESNT EVEN GOTO BIOS!!! Help, what do I do??

GilPoele

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2003
Those monitors are scrap. And Samsung Tech support aren't to present in terme of RMA. I hope this monitor is not in used with an ATI video chipset. You 'll have a lot of problem if you are a gamer...

Venom_IL

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2002
Your BIOS is corrupted
the fact that its looking for a floppy disk is very fortunate for you
it means you can easily flash the BIOS
go to your board's manufacturer site and download the latest BIOS for your board

find out if its Award or AMI BIOS, and flash it accordingly (each BIOS is flashed differently in case of a bios crash, there instructions for each one in MSI's site - www.msi.com.tw )

oh, i forgot, there could be a much simpler solution - try reseting the CMOS with the reset jumper on your board (documentation should say where it is located), and if that doesnt work try removing the battery from your mobo, wait a couple of minutes and put it back)

for further assistance goto biosmods.com

good luck

-------------------------
<font color=blue>Rest easy...
Venom is here</font color=blue>

GilPoele

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2003
I got a lot of trouble with this monitor combine with ATI chipset. If you want to know more about this story, make a search in this forum about the 955DF

GilPoele

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2003
No It wasn't a BIOS's cause. Because I tested this monitor on different kink of chipset ie:Intel 845e, bx440, sis638,etc with the same result and I get this result only with this monitor.

Venom_IL

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2002
Doesn't matter what caused it
FACT - computer's not booting and not getting into BIOS and searching for floppy - only solution = flash BIOS / reset CMOS

-------------------------
<font color=blue>Rest easy...
Venom is here</font color=blue>

Teq

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
Reset your bios.

Most motherboards have a "backdoor" to do a bios reset. Turn off the power at the back of the computer, wait a few seconds and then <i>hold down the END key</i> on your keyboard while you turn the power back on.

If that doesn't work, there should be a jumper on your motherboard (usually red, right near the battery) that will let you reset the CMOS to factory defaults.

If neither of these work, you're going to end up having to flash load your BIOS... see your motherboard manufacturer's homepage for instruction.

<b> AND </b> don't use that driver CD again.