Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Looks like your motherboard is out of stock unfortunately. Are you confident that the 480 pair won't be limited by the x16 slots being forced to operate at 8x?

I've never seen that PSU brand before but couldn't find any recent reviews. Judging from the price it seems like a high end model though.

doclolwut

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
I actually have another link for the motherboard, thanks for the concern, though xD and about the GPU's, I'm really not certain, in fact, I know that they will run at 8x, but I guess its kinda just something I'm going to have to deal with. Thanks for the help!

chesteracorgi

Distinguished
There is little difference with an Xfire or SLI in 8 X 8 from 16 X 16 until you get to multiple monitors. A single monitor does not need the extra bandwidth for the increase in fps at 1080p. It is olny where you are running multiple monitors in surround or 3D that the 16 X 16 channel(s) makes a difference.

doclolwut

Distinguished
May 25, 2011

I actually read about this some where... forget the link :/ but the differences between 16 x 16, 8 x 8, and 4 x 4 were not that different. The only point where it started to make a difference that mattered was the 4 x 4, but it wasn't too much of a difference. Why anybody operate SLI or XFire on 4 x 4 would not make sense to me xD

doclolwut

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
nope :/ it was actually a video xD don't really know why I said read... anyways it was by "Linus Tech Tips" on youtube if you would like to check him out. Really cool videos in my opinion. He did a whole series on motherboard bandwidth tests. Pretty cool.