Sign in with
Your question

So, i just did my first case swap mobo headers are a pain

Last response: in Motherboards
May 16, 2012 6:53:35 PM

there was a front panel header that was 7 pins on bottom 6 on top and there was 2 of these headers one was debug something the other wasnt even labeled, im using an acer 1420g motherboard right now with a quad core amd 1tb hdd and 8gb of skill sniper thats 1866 mhz but being limited at 1866 fot the time being. the header didn't have any bit of wording on it so i had to take an hour to decide if i wanted to risk testing random pins and turn out i got power right. only thing that has an issue is when i hit the reset it just completely cuts power off then turns it back on, is it supposed to be that way? i have a z68 extreme 3 gen 3 mb just awaiting money for a 2500k and gpu. never again will i want to swap a motherboard from a oem acer again such a pain took 4 hours
May 16, 2012 8:33:13 PM

robthatguyx said:
there was a front panel header that was 7 pins on bottom 6 on top and there was 2 of these headers one was debug something the other wasnt even labeled, im using an acer 1420g motherboard right now with a quad core amd 1tb hdd and 8gb of skill sniper thats 1866 mhz but being limited at 1866 fot the time being. the header didn't have any bit of wording on it so i had to take an hour to decide if i wanted to risk testing random pins and turn out i got power right. only thing that has an issue is when i hit the reset it just completely cuts power off then turns it back on, is it supposed to be that way? i have a z68 extreme 3 gen 3 mb just awaiting money for a 2500k and gpu. never again will i want to swap a motherboard from a oem acer again such a pain took 4 hours

That's what reset does. Those headers are a pain aren't they?
a c 471 V Motherboard
May 16, 2012 8:53:22 PM

to help you four of the pins in a row should say speaker on them. also if you look at the mb the mb vendor and model should be silkscreen to it. you can google the model number and get the instal lguild most times that show the pin layout. also a lot of vendors mb are now making nice little adapotors for builders (asus did for the z77mb i have). where the little adaptor is marked and keyed for the header.
May 16, 2012 10:21:00 PM

yes they are, and i always thought it reset the pc like the reset from the desktop restart,not just cutting power. it gives me the options upon reboot that the pc would give if you held down the power till the pc just shut off instead of powering down
!