How do i find drivers for this?

ggbroughton

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
hello, i need drivers for my homebuilt system and have no idea on how to find the right drivers because the thing is so old and the bios isnt giving me any clues on what the hardware is.

i currently have that i know of is:

IDE MASTER: 40GB HDD C:\
IDE SLAVE: 80GB HDD (system) D:\

RAM Slot1: 256MB DDR
RAM Slot2: Not Detected

CD/DVD MASTER: CD-R Samsung E:\
CD/DVD SLAVE: DVD-RW Samsung F:\

CPU: AMD Athlon Single core processor @~2.0GHz

GRAPHICS: Unknown

My USB drivers are missing including graphics and LAN

Please help

i was told about CPU-Z would give me the info but turns out CPU-Z is clueless too :(

any ideas on what i could do? or any package with ALL XP Drivers in as that would be extremley useful

wombat_tg

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2010

There's no way you're ever going to find a pack containing all XP drivers ever built.

Look at your motherboard verrrry closely. There should be some identifying numbers, letters, something, anything on it. Sounds like you need mobo drivers, so you need to find out what mobo you have. You could also try researching the BIOS you have and trying to narrow down the search for what board you're using.

ggbroughton

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
its an ASRock mobo and it has nothing identifiable on it it may have worn off :( and the bios is something like AMIBIOS VERSION 3.31a <-- removeable version so probably not the one that came attatched to the board it has socket 462 and no other info known of this mobo

Wolfshadw

Titan
According to ASRock's web site, there are only two Socket 462 motherboards in their inventory.

SIS 741GX
KS741GX

There is no link for the first motherboard, but the second motherboard does have a link and downloads for motherboard components. Only use this if you are sure this is the motherboard you have.

-Wolf sends