Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Newegg system combo deal, worth it?

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 2, 2011 3:19:17 PM

Hello,
Can anyone tell me if this Newegg combo deal is worth the money? It looks pretty enticing, but I will love to have your opinions on it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?I...
June 2, 2011 3:28:38 PM

It's not a crazy deal or anything, but it's definitely a good combo. If you like the case and would be buying those (or very similar) components anyway then go for it, otherwise just keep your eyes open for smaller combos instead.
m
0
l
June 2, 2011 4:02:44 PM

jasonw223 said:
It's not a crazy deal or anything, but it's definitely a good combo. If you like the case and would be buying those (or very similar) components anyway then go for it, otherwise just keep your eyes open for smaller combos instead.


Thanks!
As you said I thought this works for me because I am looking to get a 2500. The case I don't worry so much about, and it seems I can't go wrong with this one. The board looks decent and PSU looks promising. The only thing I am concerned with is that extra game they threw in there... But oh well, the world isnt perfect.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 2, 2011 4:14:42 PM

It's not a horrible combo but not the greatest, PSU isn't one of the commonly recommended but got a ok review here: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Rosewill-Green-S.... I got one in a i5-2500k combo but switched it out for a antec 650w then used it in a cheaper amd build later on. If you are looking for a gaming build the 8GB is kinda overkill. It does come with a sli ready mobo but I wouldn't put two newer decent gpu's on that psu.
m
0
l
June 2, 2011 4:33:55 PM

just so you know it doesnt come with a dedicated graphics card.
m
0
l
June 2, 2011 4:51:25 PM

ps3hacker12 said:
just so you know it doesnt come with a dedicated graphics card.


haha of course, thanks
m
0
l
June 2, 2011 4:54:26 PM

imaurer269 said:
It's not a horrible combo but not the greatest, PSU isn't one of the commonly recommended but got a ok review here: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Rosewill-Green-S.... I got one in a i5-2500k combo but switched it out for a antec 650w then used it in a cheaper amd build later on. If you are looking for a gaming build the 8GB is kinda overkill. It does come with a sli ready mobo but I wouldn't put two newer decent gpu's on that psu.


I see, thanks! I will keep that in mind, maybe I will upgrade the psu when I get a second gpu. And at the meantime hopefully this one will suffice. As to the ram, I will probably see how my usage goes, and if I dont need two of them I can always sell the spare one to get some money back!
m
0
l
June 2, 2011 5:40:19 PM

Here is another i5-2500k combo for comparison, but you loose the sli/crossfire option and free game: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?I... Just a few dollars cheaper after you toss in a dvd/cd drive.

Quick build with the same mobo/i5-2500k combo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

$530 shipped with $30 mir

Not sure what you want for a gpu but here is the lowest I would use for gaming: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ASUS GTX 460 $150 with promo code EMCKDKH43 with a $30 mir
m
0
l
June 2, 2011 6:08:04 PM

imaurer269 said:
Here is another i5-2500k combo for comparison, but you loose the sli/crossfire option and free game: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?I... Just a few dollars cheaper after you toss in a dvd/cd drive.

Quick build with the same mobo/i5-2500k combo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

$530 shipped with $30 mir

Not sure what you want for a gpu but here is the lowest I would use for gaming: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ASUS GTX 460 $150 with promo code EMCKDKH43 with a $30 mir



When you say "$530 shipped with $30 mir" does it mean 530 before rebate or after? Sorry I'm new at this.
Yea i was just looking at the same gpu, looks fair. thanks for the details! I was very dissappointed I couldn' get that sapphire 5850 xtreme, I put in an order on amazon, but later learnt that they have a bad reputation in taking back orders for items they do not and will not have. I am moving soon, so I am just gonna leave that order up and see what happens.
BTW, anyone know how long do combo deals like this last normally?
m
0
l
!