Solved

Best cooler for CoolerMaster Elite 310.

hi
i have a CoolerMaster Elite 310 cabinet. which is the best cooler i can get that will fit in this case?

config:

elite 310 case
intel C2Q Q6600
MSI p35 Neo
gtx 580
2X2 gb RAM
no side fan in the cabinet.

my target OC for the CPU is 3.4-3.6 ghz. since these chips run quite hot, i would need a very good cooler.
noise isnt a problem.

also, i would like to keep the cooler for future Ivy bridge systems also.
i am thinking of Noctua NH-d14 class cooling. but i dont know if those would fit.
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about best cooler coolermaster elite
  1. Best answer
    Cm elite 191mm will fit with noctu nhd-14, I think other option is hyper 212+ enough for your system cheaper and great performance. Fit perfectly with your case :)
  2. i live in a hot semi tropical country. so ambient temps are generally around 35C. so a high performer is really needed. :).
    a hyper 212+ wont do, i think.

also, the q6600 G0 chips are very hot running.
  3. Hyper 212 compare with noctua fulload 4ghz just arround 4- 6C not too much :) for i7 but I don't know for Q6600
  4. thanks for the suggestion. will consider it also.
    but will the nhd14 fit perfectly in my system?

also, which is better between nh-d14 and nh-c14?
  5. Yes .. Like I said in above noctua will fit , and the great air cooler ,a and still better D-14 than C-14 ,. Enjoy with your new cooler :)
  6. another question.
    in my country, the nhd14 and Corsair h70 are almost the same price.
    which is better in terms of cooling?
  7. It's different design noctua outperform than H70 but still bit H100. Look review in kitguru :
    www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/zardon/corsair-h70-review-versus-vantage-nh-d14-4-53ghz/4/
  8. First of all the total width of your case is 191mm, so this is not the available space you have height wise for a cooler, the best thing you can do is get a tape measure and measure the distance from the top of your CPU to your cases side, i very much doubt the nhd14 will at all fit in your case and to be honest i do not think you would be well served with one in the elite310, as for a cpu cooler to work well it needs a good supply of cool air, you would be much better served by buying a new case and a new cooler such as a Coolermaster HAF 912 case together with a CoolerMaster Hyper 212plus CPU cooler, both of these can be had for only a little extra cost of what the nhd14 would cost...

Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus, Black Chassis = £61

+
    Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler = £22

Total Cost = £83

As opposed to a...
    Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator and Fan Quiet CPU Cooler
    = £66

Dimensions = 140 x 160 x 130 mm (WxHxD)
  9. i agree with you completely. but where i live, the 912 costs a lot more than the nhd14.
    so i cant buy a 912 and a hyper 212+.

i will have to continue using the elite 310 and try to make the best out of it.
  10. In that case go for the H70 with a twin 120mm fan set up in push pull, as at least you can be sure that this will definitely fit.
  11. where i live, the H70 is cheaper than the DH-14.
    also, the CH-14 is the same price as the DH-14. will that fit in my cabinet?
  12. Forget the big air coolers with your case and buy the H70.
  13. thanks for the suggestions, Uther39. :)
    but i have decided to go with the hyper 212+ for now.
    will sell this and upgrade later as needed for ivy bridge.
  14. Best answer selected by mayankleoboy1.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cooler Master Cooling Elite Components