Sign in with
Your question
Closed

3 fans, 2 connections

Last response: in Motherboards
May 16, 2012 9:42:48 PM

Hello,

I have an HPp6677c with a H-ALVORIX_HF-RS880-uATX (Foxconn Model 2AB1 (1.00) Motherboard ), (HP/Compaq motherboard name: Alvorix-GL8E.) I can only find 2-ea 3-prong motherboard fan connection: SYS FAN, CPU FAN. I have purchased 4X4GB DDR3 ram and a fan with which to cool them (HyperX.) Is there another fan connection on this board of which I'm not aware, and, if not, how would you suggest installing this fan; so the motherboard can control the speed and temperature controls?

More about : fans connections

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
May 17, 2012 2:39:19 AM

You may not be able to connect it so that the mobo can control the speed, but you can connect it to a molex cable and run the fan. What you need is a 3 pin to molex converter.
a c 195 V Motherboard
May 17, 2012 2:49:10 AM

If you can confirm the ampere rating of th CPU header and the fans, you can gang them up and put two fans on one CPU header. For example, I oft gang two 0.25 amp fans on a 2 amp rated header. Remember that inrush current adds significantly more load on startup so while I'm comfy at the above 4:1 capacity to load ratio, under no circumstance would I consider less than 2:1

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13900/cab-470/Akasa_P...
Related resources
May 24, 2012 1:28:26 AM

The problem with that is my myriad of electrical troubleshooting failures. My multimeter cost 8 bucks new. My motherboard is an HP / Chinese abortion that has no specifications available at the maker's web site nor that I can find on Google. I'm probably going to take one of the PSU cables, put an inline splitter on it, and let her rip.
May 24, 2012 1:29:14 AM

Best answer selected by country0129.
a c 328 V Motherboard
May 24, 2012 1:36:59 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
!