Corsair XMS3 4GBx3 memory
BD burner
multiple USB devices
Win7-64

Temps:
CPU average-43c
GPU average-45c
MB- average-45c

I dont believe I have a power issue but not for sure, all drivers are up to date except latest video 280.26, read there may be heat issues, I will wait a bit on that.

After a bit video will freeze sometimes recover and sometimes not-reboot only option at this point. IE8 seems to be the worst at causing the trouble but not exclusive. I can reboot and the trouble seems to continue, however I recently discovered that if I shutdown and remove power to p/s leave off for a bit the next logon runs excellent for a while.

I believe I have a H/W issue but am puzzled. I have tested with MB out of case as well,same same. I am thinking video card first then possible MB. Seems if I open additional programs after being up a while this causes the video driver to stop then recover, possibly the video mem? I have swapped the system mem around and tested as well, NTF

Update: for sure does better after powerdown for a bit

Any known way of testing the video card, I may stick a cheap PCIe 2 in and see what happens.

I greatly appreciate any thoughts and comments,

Pat

rayt160

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011

It could be a lot of things and this may not help.. but i had a problem with a new tx750 psu.. my pc would start fine.. sometimes for a couple of minutes or sometimes it would 30 mins.. my pc wud freeze or sometimes reboot.. the problem was the 5volt rail.. for some reason after a short while the voltage started to rise slowly and once it had got too high the motherboard would shut itself down to protect itself sometimes causing a restart or freeze up.. i went into bios and monitored the voltages.. and i saw after a while the voltage start to rise untill the white writing turn red to show the problem.. it may just have been a one off faulty psu or it could be common i dont know.. i hope this helps..

rayt160

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
It could be a lot of things and this may not help.. but i had a problem with a new tx750 psu.. my pc would start fine.. sometimes for a couple of minutes or sometimes it would 30 mins.. my pc wud freeze or sometimes reboot.. the problem was the 5volt rail.. for some reason after a short while the voltage started to rise slowly and once it had got too high the motherboard would shut itself down to protect itself sometimes causing a restart or freeze up.. i went into bios and monitored the voltages.. and i saw after a while the voltage start to rise untill the white writing turn red to show the problem.. it may just have been a one off faulty psu or it could be common i dont know.. i hope this helps..

txdude99

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
Thanks for the reply,

I will check that out, could take a while as all is well for the last 2+ hours. I had multiple videos streaming and HD video running and no sign of any trouble. ?

txdude99

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
Follow up,

Just when I got a MRA from Corsair I had swapped out the H50 cooler with a coolmaster cpu cooler and after bootup this thing was humming alone and running like it should, quick. Something was killing the power I believe but all is great for now.

Pat