Gigabyte ga-z68ma-d2h-b3/Core i5 3570

pratiknp06

Honorable
May 16, 2012
Hello everyone,

I recently baought a Gigabyte GA-Z68Ma-D2H-B3 motherboard and Core i5 3570k processor to build up my own pc. However assembling everything i have stuck with a problem.

Every USB keyboard i tried, doent work during Bios
Cant Hit F9, Del or F12 during Bios startup to get into Bios Settings screen
And I seem to hit a boot loop just after bios.

My Configuration:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68Ma-D2H-B3
Processor: Core i5 3570K
Ram: 2x4gb AMD Multimedia Edition 1600 Mhz
Powersuply: FSP 600W ( ATX-600PNR )

I dont know if i did something wrong or may be my setup is incompatible.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you may have a motherboard with an older bios that does not support Ivy Bridge (3570K). Far as I know the only fix is to find someone with a spare Sandy Bridge chip to put in long enough to flash the bios (unless your mobo has a cpu-less flash option).

jed is heading up the right branch. You have to update the bios in your system, but you first need to (temporarily) install a sandy bridge cpu, so you can get into the bios in the first place.

suteck

Distinguished
Your motherboard, whether it's the 1.0 or the 1.3 revision will support the 3570K processor but you MUST have the F10 BIOS. I you only plug in the usb drive and leave the hdd/ssd optical drive(s) and all other peripherals off and only have the cpu, memory and use the ondie graphics it should go to the usb drive and give you the option to load. Do you know which version of bios you have? Since you said the loop restarts after bios I'm guessing you can see them. You might need a ps2 keyboard. Sometimes that just happens.

pratiknp06

Honorable
May 16, 2012

I cant actually get into bios, nor does it show the bios version in first screen... i will try to use a ps/2 keyboard and update the bios.. let you know wat happen... thanks

pratiknp06

Honorable
May 16, 2012

any idea how to check which if my motherboard supports CPU-Less Flash or not??

pratiknp06

Honorable
May 16, 2012

Nope. No luck. I tried using a ps/2 keyboard but i dont think it seems working either. Neither END nor any other keys seem to do anything.

Anything else that i can try??

suteck

Distinguished
Sorry, The only 3 things left that I can think of are -
1> If the bios chip is easily replaced then find one already flashed and replace it - I have sent off an email to biosdepot to see if they carry yours. I did mine on the Asus P6T6 and one on a gigabyte X58A-ud3 Usually you just pop them out and stick the new one in.
2> Do as j_e_d_70 suggested and buy/borrow one just long enough to do the bios flash.
3> Take it to a shop where they should be able to do that for you.

pratiknp06

Honorable
May 16, 2012

Thanx everyone for you help... i took it to a repair shop and used a sandy bridge processor to update the bios... everything is working great now..

barbarosgg

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
Hi,

I had the same problem. Here is solution,

1) Leave a single memory on MB
2) unplug all other SATA drives. Just leave your HD or SSD which you will install OS
3) Plug USB keyboard. Put a water glass or a heavy thing to "del" button on keyboard to keep that button pressed
4) Leave the PC to boot loop. It is not an infinite loop, once in every 30 mins it will boot
and while you leave the PC with del button pressed you will find your PC entered to bios after a while.
5) Press F8 to enter Qflash utility.
6) On a seperate PC Download F10 latest bios from Gigabyte website, and double click to its exe file to extract bios file to a USB disc which is FAT32 formatted
7) Plug that usb drive to PC, on Qflash select "update bios with a drive"
8) Choose bios update file hit enter.
9) Qflash will do bios update and here you go! Now this poor MB will see your 3rd generation CPU.

Good luck. Hope helps. But let me tell you my friend, this is the worst MB I have ever seen in my life.
Will bring you many more problems :(

TRENDING THREADS