Closed

HD Audio front panel jack static with earphones

Hello, I just recently got a computer built for me, but everytime i insert my earphones into the front panel audio jack (which is connected by HD Audio) i get static. I dont have a sound card, this is onboard sound. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks

Computer build: AMD Phenom II X4 3.2 GHz | 4 GB Kingston HyperX RAM @ 1600MHz |Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti Graphics Card | ULTRA Lifetime Series 550 Watt Power Supply | Seagate Berracuda 1TB 7200RPM 6GB/s 32 MB cache Hard Drive and WIndows 7 64-bit
2 answers Last reply
More about audio front panel jack static earphones
  1. It could be caused by how the FP wiring is routed. Open the case and try to keep it away from everything, especially fans & neon/flourescent lights
  2. popatim said:
    It could be caused by how the FP wiring is routed. Open the case and try to keep it away from everything, especially fans & neon/flourescent lights

hm your right, there are alot of lights and fans in my case (4 fans and 6 lights). but theres not much i can do about them the plugs as far away from them al pssible :P guess i'll have to use the rear panel audio jacks. are there any programs that can turn the lights off in ones computer?
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Audio Front Panel Components