best GBA games...NOT RPG's

Hi Guys...Im getting back into the GBA after deciding to replace the oneI
lost , and would like to ask your advice of your ' must have ' games for the
GBA.
I like most genres, but i **really** don't like RPG type games and find them
incredibly dull, but if you guys can reccomend decent
strategy/sports/racing/puzzle type games, I'd love to take yr suggestions on
board before I go mental with my credit card :)

Thanks in advance...

--
The Voice of the 49ers
www.sf49ers.com

the niner nation <removeTHISdipak@take thisout49ers98.freeserve.co.uk> had this to say:
> incredibly dull, but if you guys can reccomend decent
> strategy/sports/racing/puzzle type games, I'd love to take yr suggestions on
> board before I go mental with my credit card :)

Advance Wars 1 & 2 - Really great turn-based strategy games
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town - Awesome farming sim
Castlevania: Any! - All three GBA Castlevania games are great choices
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - Terrific point-and-click
adventure game in the old Sierra
style
Metroid: Zero Mission & Fusion - Fun action titles especially if you've
played others in the series

There's many others I can't think of right now ... :)

--
amarriner
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty"

the niner nation wrote:
> Hi Guys...Im getting back into the GBA after deciding to replace the
> oneI lost , and would like to ask your advice of your ' must have '
> games for the GBA.
> I like most genres, but i **really** don't like RPG type games and
> find them incredibly dull, but if you guys can reccomend decent
> strategy/sports/racing/puzzle type games, I'd love to take yr
> suggestions on board before I go mental with my credit card :)
>
> Thanks in advance...

Difficult subject, TNN. So many good games, so many opinions. Still it's
nice to know what games "clicked" with various individuals.

A few that worked for me:
The three Castlevanias. These work very well on the GBA. COTM's probably
my favourite. I wouldn't call them RPGs but they involve levelling up and
a fair bit of back-tracking so I'm not sure if you would like them.
The metroids. Both of them. Excellent. They're a bit challenging at
times for an old-timer like me but they're meant to be so. They're very
well designed. They aren't in any of the genres you listed but they
certainly aren't dull.
Mario Kart. A little work of art, this. I'm not crazy about racing games
on the GBA but this one is adorable and works like the GBA was made for it.

A few of my wife's favourites. She has a completely different taste in
games to me. Likes puzzle games, games that have a lot of replay value.
Some of these may be hard to find now, but anyway:
Scrabble: "The old man" (top-level computer opponent) cheats like sin but
still - scrabble in your pocket? Great!
Columns Crown: Classic puzzle game. Apparently the best in its class.
Very high replay value if you like this sort of game.
Puyo Pop: Similar to CC. Pretty solid. Not quite in CC's class though.
Pinball Challenge Deluxe: Of all the GBA pinball games, this one's the
best (or so I'm told). Eight excellent tables here.
Pinball of the Dead: Another good pinball game. Pity about the dark
theme.
Bookworm: A word puzzle game. Seems to be very addictive.

mark

how 'bout Zelda link to past (remake from SNES) is great adventure with
puzzles, the new Mario Ball. its great will be out in OCT. I like the
diffrent worlds and the fact its pinball on one level (no scrolling) mega
man X series.good luck!