Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB

Power Supply
Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-750 750W

Case

ANTEC 1200

Open to any and all suggestions.
7 answers Last reply
More about critique build please
  1. i would highly recommend going towards sandy bridge 1155 processors, such as te 2500K or the 2600K with a P67 or Z68 chipset motherboard.
  2. Hello twebwrstler;

What's the purpose behind your new system?
    A few parts still missing in the overall scheme.

Have you set a budget for this project?
    If you fill out the form in *How To Ask For New Build Advice* you'll answer all the standard questions that help things get started.
  3. Depending on exactly what it is for, the correct answer now is a i2500 or i2600(whatever you can afford) with a Z68 motherboard.

Also unless you need the Antec 1200 for like 4 Gigantic video cards, or 9 hard drives or something of that nature, you could probably get away just fine with the Antec 902 v3 case. If you don't plan on getting a video card a Antec 300. would be suffice.
  4. This build will mainly be used for gaming and watching HD movies. Also I already have the Antec 1200.
  5. Do you plan to use multiple GPUs? Do you want a quiet system?

This weekend Newegg has a special on the ASUS Sabertooth 1155 P67 mobo if that is your choice.
  6. I want it to be fairly quiet. not going to be using multiple GPU's though...I think.
  7. If you are buying soon I'd recommend going with an i5 2500K and getting the deal on the ASUS P67 Sabertooth mobo this weekend.

The Antec 1200 looks like a nice case, but it is not toolless and may be a tad loud with all its fans. But the cooling is, no doubt, great.

The Sandybridge is a better choice for you whether you go with the i5 or i7. And it is also cheaper.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build DDR3 Systems