Dell Dimension E520 Graphics Upgrade help!!!

Hi,

I have a Dell Dimension E520 destop PC and wish to upgrade my graphics card.
It currently has the factory fitted ATI Radeon X1300/X1550 256MB.
I would like to upgrade this to a HD graphics card, Is This Possible? and if so what cards could i use?

PC specs are :

Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz (Dual core)
4GB RAM
Windows 7 32Bit

what are my options?

Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about dell dimension e520 graphics upgrade help
  1. Thanks alot :) will these cards be a straight swop for the current card? no mods or anything else needed?? Thanks!
  2. yes the 5670 looks promising :) however i cant seem to find the 2.0 version only 2.1, u have any links??
  3. Thankyou! Im going to order the 1GB for $99. Thanks for your help!,
  4. Oh right i see, i thought the extra memory on the card might help out abit with gameing, i can play most games at the moment but have to play on low grapic settings which ruines alot of them.
  5. You might consider a CPU upgrade. Pentium D is a dual core Pentium 4. Core 2 duo is much better even at lower clock speeds and Core 2 quads (Q6700) can be found for as little as $30 on Amazon or E bay. The CPU must be 65nm, and maximum 1066 fsb. Be careful some numbers were re used on later chips, there are two E-6300, and I think two E-6700 versions. The later ones won't work. I'm running a single slot HD6770 1GB DDR5 card. Core 2 Quad 2.66Ghz and 4GB ram. The motherboard will support 8GB per Crucial .com and not the 4GB Dell says. Be sure and have the latest BIOS or the "newer" cpu's won't be recognized. If your video card sends hot air towards the front of the case (like mine) you will need a slot fan to get the hot air out from behind the video card. A new PSU might be in your future also, Dell is 305W. Many video cards require more than this.The newer Envidia cards are more expensive, but some of them use very little power and you might save enough not needing to buy a psu to make it worth while.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Dimension Dell Graphics Product