Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Bottleneck Detector !!!

Last response: in CPUs
August 28, 2011 10:17:36 PM

Hi guys

I am Afraid that my Rig Is Being Bottlenecked . because many say that AMD have Issues & Bottleneck Much more than Intel CPus Do

My Games Run Fine EVERYthing is OK

But i realy wanna Know if there is A Bottleneck or Not . PCu HDD Or What ?!

SO Please Suggest me Software ( light Software not 80MB Huge FIle ) That Will easily Check for Bottleneck & will Detect where it is From ? CPU ?

or If it Can Even Suggest ,a solution then it Will be Great

More about : bottleneck detector

Best solution

a c 161 à CPUs
August 28, 2011 10:31:44 PM

I dont know of any software that can detect a bottleneck. Bottlenecks are best found through trial and error.

What do you think you arent getting the performance in that you should? Adjusting settings to shift more or less load on to the CPU helps to determine what the bottleneck is.
August 29, 2011 8:48:36 AM

I Dont Feel its My Hardware Native Performance , because Crysis1 & Warhead Runs at 30FPS when Condition gets Little heavy & Combat & Area Gets Little Larger !

WHile My System is ATI 6870 + Phenom 955 BE + 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Ram
Related resources
a b à CPUs
August 29, 2011 10:01:38 PM

Theoretically, you will always have a bottleneck. Not to mention, for different applications and software, different hardware can end up being the bottleneck. In general terms, the storage device is almost always the bottleneck...whether it be an HDD or even an SSD, because the RAM, Cache, and transfer speeds of other systems in your computer are leagues faster anyway. For games, the storage device has nothing to do with performance, its mostly your CPU, RAM, and GPU.

Some software is CPU heavy, some is RAM heavy, some is storage device heavy, and some is GPU heavy.

There are too many variables for a single equation.
August 30, 2011 9:14:28 AM

But Games ARE CPU & VGA Heavy , HDD can be Bottleneck Because All of the Game data Loads into Ram from HDD it . but I tried to get something good , 7200 RPM !

OK OK , I think its My CPu , because many have Same problem with AMD CPus , i realy dont know how i should find That Bottleneck . you can Find Systems that have Same Ram & HDD but THey have No bottleneck , i think its Matter of AMD CPUS !
August 30, 2011 1:06:11 PM

DukiNuki said:
But Games ARE CPU & VGA Heavy , HDD can be Bottleneck Because All of the Game data Loads into Ram from HDD it . but I tried to get something good , 7200 RPM !

OK OK , I think its My CPu , because many have Same problem with AMD CPus , i realy dont know how i should find That Bottleneck . you can Find Systems that have Same Ram & HDD but THey have No bottleneck , i think its Matter of AMD CPUS !

The cpu perhaps, but 4gb of memory isn't anything to write home about. Anything like APB or GTA IV will smash 4gb of ram

the 6870 is fine, I use a 6950 and it dominates everything, q6700 OC'd from 2.66ghz to 3.75ghz. I bought a sata 3 SSD and use it for the OS and games. 4gb of ddr2.. can you guess what my bottle neck is most of the time? *cough , 4gb of ddr2*
a b à CPUs
August 30, 2011 3:04:41 PM

DukiNuki said:

Your HDD has an affect at how fast the game opens up and loads, but it has no effect on your FPS at all.
August 30, 2011 3:44:51 PM

Quote:
hi could i just ask whats up with the random capital letters, gives me a headache while reading your posts, but it also must take you a while to do it too.

about as irrelevant as this post but funny, I didn't notice it lol
August 30, 2011 4:16:45 PM

PLease dONt tlk LIKe THis.

Finding bottlenecks isn't as easy as running a program. You have to test things. Put your cpu down to 60% power run a game and check our your frames per second. Put your cpu to 80% look at FPS. Put it back up to 100% look at ur FPS. If you see an increase each time especially from 80-100, your cpu is bottlenecking. If you see the same FPS at 80 as you do at 100, then that means your cpu isn't bottlenecking performance.
August 30, 2011 4:32:35 PM

How do i do that ? puting to 80% or 100% or 60 % ? you mean Priority or how much core is Being used ? Little Bit Details + Explenation Please

But away i didnt wanted To tAlK lIkE tHis , it could have been Caps Look that mistakenly made those words like that . SO Forgive me Plz .

Jonny RB , mine is DDR3 , & as i read before 1333Mhz is Most Compatible Option that Doesnt Need any OC or Somethin to Make it Work Properly ! & as many people say 4GB is Enough for games .
August 30, 2011 4:35:57 PM

DukiNuki said:
How do i do that ? puting to 80% or 100% or 60 % ? you mean Priority or how much core is Being used ? Little Bit Details + Explenation Please

But away i didnt wanted To tAlK lIkE tHis , it could have been Caps Look that mistakenly made those words like that . SO Forgive me Plz .

Jonny RB , mine is DDR3 , & as i read before 1333Mhz is Most Compatible Option that Doesnt Need any OC or Somethin to Make it Work Properly ! & as many people say 4GB is Enough for games .

It's okay for now. I would suggest 8GB though, nothing to source to back up this statement though. I also highly doubt this would be a bottle neck for you, if it was an issue you'd notice.

You can go into your bios and change your stock CPU clock from what ever it starts at down.

See over clocking forums for how to do this. If you have a 10x multiplier and 266 clock, it's a 2.66ghz, so instead of making it 300 for a 3ghz, you could make it 200 for 2.0ghz.
August 30, 2011 5:29:22 PM

Listen , i cant Oc it , because its running hot enough , i can take the risk .

Just say what is the Bottleneck CPu ? or my 4Gb ram ? or 8Gb will be bottleneck ?
August 30, 2011 5:40:52 PM

We're suggesting underclocking it so help find the bottle neck? not over clock. It is definitely your cpu though.

Is it a Phenom II or just a Phenom?
August 30, 2011 6:23:35 PM

its Phenom II 4x 955 Black Edition . 4rth Strongest CPu of Amd !

& what exactly SHould be Result Of Down Clocking ? 'What will show me if My CPu cause Bottleneck ? can i do it by Software ( i mean DC )

It has Unlocked Multiplayer , some of my Friends showed me it can GO up to 24 X or more ! but it would Brun because those days my CPu would run hotter ! if i could run this CPu Cooler I would OC it for Sure !
August 30, 2011 8:00:22 PM

There is always going to be something on your system that is bottlenecking performance. In your case it's probably the CPU. If you can't or won't overclock it then you'll have to upgrade that part. But then you run into a situation where your Vid card is holding back your CPU. Then you upgrade that part, and now your CPU is bottlenecking again.

the best way to test it is to overclock your CPU and see if your FPS go up. If they do, then your set up would benefit from a better CPU.

I wouldn't exactly call a Phenom II 955 a bottleneck though. If a game isn't playable with your setup, or runs slow you'd get much more out of a more powerful vid card than you would changing to a i5 2500k. Sure a 2500k would help, but not nearly as much as a GTX580 would.
August 30, 2011 8:55:48 PM

Well i installed & checked it Out & its Fast i think , only some parts In gets little Slow ( just very little ) but its Playable !

& its Just crysis , i can Run rest of my games MAxedout & smooth As Butter ! just like Crysis 2 , Deus Ex 3 , GTA EFLC , COD ( all of them ) , Mafia 2 , ARMA 2 Reinforcements &....
August 30, 2011 8:59:00 PM

But I realY want to see my Crysis running as fast as Crysis 2 , but I know it Definitly Wont Worth to Upgrade for Just a Game that I have Played over 100 Times & expect to see Little faster FPS .

If you come & see you WIll sya that its Fast & playable enough , but all i dreamed is to play it 100% Perfect ! just like i did with All other Games !

WIll there be a game Like Crysis that will Focr me to upgrade my CPu or vga Card ?

Second : WHy if i upgrade to i5 2400 , vga Will hold it back , VGA Need Fast Roads To Transfer Data why it Should hold that Cpu back Whereas it Needs something to keep on with it !
a b à CPUs
August 30, 2011 9:02:39 PM

Crysis will never run as good as Crysis 2 for the sole reason it is more demanding ( In DX9 Mode anyway, DX11 is another question).
a b à CPUs
August 30, 2011 10:28:37 PM

I can't even imagine how many thousands of people upgraded their computers for the sole reason of playing crysis.

If I were Nvidia or ATI, I would be paying the company that created crysis lots of money to make a crysis 3 which is even more demanding and watch my GPU sales skyrocket upon its release.
August 30, 2011 11:06:05 PM

I think it Realy was a Trick to Make us Upgrade it , they know how to Attract Us !

Listen i ran Deus Ex 3 HR maxedout & extremly fast ( up to 100 Fps ) . but My Vga is running too damn hot ( my CPu runs Fine ) , it runs at 70 - 77 ! some one said its Fine for vga card ! he ran his 4870 x2 at 100 C for 2 years .

when i try to keep it Cool , i can Cool it Down to 65 or Cooler , but If i keep doing that i will catch very bad ! so i wanna know if i can play at that Temp ( 70 -76 or 7 ) & put my Vga in no Danger !
a c 161 à CPUs
August 30, 2011 11:26:47 PM

GPUs are designed to be safe up to 90-105C, 77C is well within the safe range. They are made with a difference process than CPUs which makes them a bit more resistant to high heat levels, 65C at full load would be ridiculous to try to keep a GPU at, the fan would be running 100% and would die much quicker, 77C is plenty cool.
August 31, 2011 8:11:08 AM

Wow realy ? thats Great , so i wont Catch a Cold Any more , Man & i better stop Running those OSd Softwares that shwoing the Temp . i better enjoy the Game

Thanks a lot . & whats the Safe range for Phenom 955 BE ? mine Runs at 60 when i keep it Cool , & it Hit 70 When room goes hot !
a c 94 à CPUs
August 31, 2011 6:54:32 PM

DukiNuki said:
Hi guys

I am Afraid that my Rig Is Being Bottlenecked . because many say that AMD have Issues & Bottleneck Much more than Intel CPus Do

My Games Run Fine EVERYthing is OK

[:fisshy:2] [:fisshy:2] [:fisshy:2] [:fisshy:2] [:fisshy:2]

If you would like some tips in tweaking your system performance, please post your complete specs in the AMD Forum

September 1, 2011 10:53:31 AM

Ok Thanks , ill try it !
a b à CPUs
January 27, 2012 12:41:03 PM

Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
a b à CPUs
January 27, 2012 12:41:07 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!