DS is looking good + 1st Sonic Team DS game

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

"R500-- R520" <radeonr520@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> new image of the DS itself:
> http://img83.exs.cx/img83/726/nintendoDS_angle_01.jpg
>

> Sonic Team's first DS game looks unique. the Japanese translation of
> the title
> is rather long-it's said to be: "It (I) can be died, if it is for you"
> or more likely "I Can Die For You"
>
> http://ranobe.com/up/updata/up6355.jpg

I find it kind of funny that Nintendo has gone pretty much right back to
their original pre-NES design for their old dual screen handheld games.
Problem is most people that will be picking up a DS probably have no goddamn
clue what I'm talking about.

whats next, re-releasing those scratch cards? (oh wait, theyve already used
this form factor havent they?)

Wurm

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

R500-- R520 <radeonr520@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Sonic Team's first DS game looks unique. the Japanese translation of
>the title
>is rather long-it's said to be: "It (I) can be died, if it is for you"
>or more likely "I Can Die For You"

This is neither as long nor as awkward as it sounds in Japanese: kimi no
tame nara shineru. Literally, "if [provided] it were for you, I could die,"
but I think "I would die for you" is the English phrase closest in tone.

Brian

Redfox

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

"R500-- R520" <radeonr520@yahoo.com> wrote

> new image of the DS itself:
> http://img83.exs.cx/img83/726/nintendoDS_angle_01.jpg
>

> Sonic Team's first DS game looks unique. the Japanese translation of
> the title
> is rather long-it's said to be: "It (I) can be died, if it is for you"
> or more likely "I Can Die For You"

It still looks ugly to me but better than the initial units. I don't think
it compares to the PSP but it should be cheaper so it will be interesting to
see how the two are received when they go to market.

"RedFox" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> "R500-- R520" <radeonr520@yahoo.com> wrote
>
> > new image of the DS itself:
> > http://img83.exs.cx/img83/726/nintendoDS_angle_01.jpg
> >

> > Sonic Team's first DS game looks unique. the Japanese translation of
> > the title
> > is rather long-it's said to be: "It (I) can be died, if it is for you"
> > or more likely "I Can Die For You"
>
> It still looks ugly to me but better than the initial units. I don't think
> it compares to the PSP but it should be cheaper so it will be interesting
> see how the two are received when they go to market.

I worry sometimes that maybe it will have the same kind of trouble the
GameCube did. When the GameCube came out, it was $100 cheaper than the
other consoles, and it stayed that way for more than two years. It still
ended up falling behind PS2 and Xbox because 1) The Xbox was more powerful
and 2) The PS2 had more games. While the DS will probably fare better
against the PSP than the GameCube did against the other consoles, I would
prefer if they prefer that they pumped up the hardware (even if it raised
the price) to compete with Sony.

Now I get sidetracked a little: I think that as long as the price is fairly
reasonable for their next console ($300 is about my limit), Nintendo should
focus on impressing people rather than being easy on their wallets. The
Xbox has impressed people with its top-notch graphics and quality Xbox Live
service, so it's pulling ahead of Nintendo and could eventually challenge
Sony. The PS2 is popular because it came first and offers a lot of things
most gamers want, and because of the PlayStation name itself.

//mike tyndall

TRENDING THREADS