• Dual Monitors
  • Monitors
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
May 17, 2012 3:29:00 PM

I am looking to get this motherboard:
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H
in combo with i5 3570k ivy bridge w/IGP

the mobo has several different video outputs, but what I am wondering is will it support multiple displays at the same time?
in other words, if I hook a monitor up to the hdmi port and another monitor to the dvi port, will i be able to extend my desktop to the second monitor or will I need as dedicated graphics card?

More about : board cpu graphics dual monitors

Best solution

May 17, 2012 3:33:34 PM

Copied from a review of your board at www.pcstats.com

"Integrated graphics are underpowered for 3D gaming (see: IGP-vs-IGP Benchmarks later in ths review) but well suited to regular office-type desktop work with one or more monitors (see: IGP-PCMark Vantage Benchmarks). The integrated graphics outputs on the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H support HDMI at 1920x1200 pixels, DisplayPort at resolutions up to 2560x1600, DVI-D at 1920x1200 and Analog VGA. This board can handle dual digital displays with Sandy Bridge CPUs or triple displays for Ivy Bridge CPUs."

Hope this helps.
a b C Monitor
a b V Motherboard
May 17, 2012 3:37:44 PM

You should be able to use up to three displays with that computer. Just don't try gaming on it with multiple displays without a high end, discrete, graphics card.
Score
Related resources
May 17, 2012 3:56:38 PM

Best answer selected by milkytech.
Score
May 17, 2012 3:57:59 PM

that's great. no plans for gaming, just some photoshop and illustrator work that is nice to have dual display for.
Score
a b C Monitor
a c 329 V Motherboard
May 18, 2012 10:38:29 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!