Help, Keyboard Doesn't Work On Boot..

Sithtiger

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007
I just upgraded my computer and sometimes when I boot up, the keyboard isn't recognized. If I unplug it and then plug it back in (even if it's the same port) it works again. I've also tried other USB slots and it does the same thing. Here is my build

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k
Motherboard: MSI Z77-G45
RAM G.Skill Ripjaw Series 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 SC

I also have 3 hard drives and an optical drive (of course).

OK, so it looks like I have the latest BIOS. I'm not surprised because I didn't even get this from Newegg until last week. Any help would be appreciated!

Sithtiger

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007
Thanks for the reply, but no it's not the keyboard because I was using my MS Ergonomic 4000 keyboard prior to this with my old system not two days ago. I've never had a problem with this keyboard either.

Sithtiger

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007

Yeah I'm using the latest drive for it. I'm thinking of maybe it's the BIOS. I have the latest version though, but I think I'll update it once a new version is out.

Sithtiger

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007
I'm going to try to update my BIOS. When I posted this, there was not an update, but there is now. It's got an earlier date but it honestly didn't come out until a week or so ago. Even so, my keyboard problem couldn't be a driver issue because when it's doing it's thing, it does so at boot, so you can't even get into the BIOS. If it's not the BIOS then I'm really stumped!

Sithtiger

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007

As I was saying before, when it's giving me problems, it does so before Windows boot....that is to say I can't enter the BIOS or enter Windows. If I unplug it and then plug it back in, no problems.

TRENDING THREADS