G

AMD AthlonII x2 250 (3.0G/2m)
Gigabyte 78
HIS HD 6670
Asus 24x DVD
AData x2 2GB DDR3
WD 500GB Blue(changeable)
Elite 400w case

Is this a DECENT build for atleast play MW2 without having probs with the power supply or anything else... and what can i change in this build for better performance but remain the same budget since i am from Egypt actually we don't have alot of fancy gear and even if we do it costs a fortune!! Sorry cuz i am not really an expert in this stuff i really don't know anything :)!

Thanks in advance.

I don't know if that case comes with a decent enough PSU or not, but I've learned not to trust no name PSUs. Anyway apart from a decent PSU I say spend a little more on the GPU to get a 5770. I would also get an aftermarket CPU cooler to overclock the CPU.

G

@mega
Yeah this was on my list next to the gtx260 until i found i had a tighter budget but i'll see if it will fit in.. thanks btw

@jfby
1024 X 768(res of my Monitor)

G

Cmon people i have to buy it on Saturday i need some help here!! sorry for double post!

G

There's No link... i am buying it from a computer center in Cairo.
I just wanna know Where to invest more money... the GPA or the Hard disk and RAM?

sportsfanboy

Distinguished
Out of the three definitely GPU(graphics card). The only problem is 400w is a bit low for a decent card,even something like the 5770 or the GTS 450. Next upgrade would be dual core to quad,then 2b of ram to 4gb. A speedier hard drive won't really make all that big of a difference in FPS. It's hard to help you without knowing what parts are available. See if you can grab a list of the parts available in the store and post them with prices.

G

Yeah there's the 5770 and the GTS450 but they told me if i wish to go higher it's another level of prices, I am pretty satisfied with the performance this build would give me but my only concern is will it work without problems? So i need a bigger power supply? You can just say the parts and i can order them, would take time but i won't buy a pc so it could fail the next year or so..
And is upgrading the processor vital?

sportsfanboy

Distinguished
At your resolution either of the two cards will be plenty,will even allow for gaming up to 1680x1050 with reasonable frame rates in most games. So I wouldn't go any higher than the 5770 or GTS 450,unless your buying a new hi-def monitor. At AMD's website 450w power supply is what they suggest for the 5770. That is total system power not just the card. The GTS will be similar in power requirements. I would grab a good quality 500w and call it a day. That will leave you room for expansion and future upgrades, say you want a newer faster video card. Going quad core isn't vital, but it is becoming more important as games are getting better and more multi threaded.

I think MW2 will run on that dual core you posted,but might struggle in future games.

On a side note I just look up a review on the 6670 and it appears that it will run MW2 pretty well to my surprise. So if you go with that solution the 400w power is fine.

So what you really need to figure out is if you going to be playing newer or upcoming games with this computer, and whether or not you are going to be upgrading your monitor. here's a link to what i read. ------------> http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6670-review/

G

Well thanks very much for your help just what i needed... So I should upgrade to a GTS450 and a 500w case... and the processor is enough. And the RAM doesnt have anything to do with it?

Thanks for looking up for the review Btw.

sportsfanboy

Distinguished
I would if your going to be upgrading the monitor in the future or plan to play upcoming graphically intense games. see if you can find out what power supply is in that 500w case. It would be better if it wasn't some no name generic cheapo 500 watter.Ram plays a role, 2gb will handle the resolution and the game your talking about,but may need a bump to 4gb in the near future if your going to play anything new. Just keep in mind this is not going to give you insane full hd gaming capabilities, but will leave the road to upgrade open, and will allow you to play MW2.

You can also get away with the 500w power and the 6670, then upgrade the video card when you upgrade the monitor. That might make the most sense depending on your time line for a new monitor. what's the difference in cost between the 5770 and 6670 anyway? And are there any other gaming cards available?

G

The difference between the 6670 and the GTS450 is about 200 LE about 40$..
and then there's gtx260 gtx460 but those i cant afford... there's also a 5670.
I think i'll go with the 500w and the 5770/GTS450.... And the case is Gamma, is that any good? what would the difference be in changing to 4gb? from 2gb.. concerning the price?

sportsfanboy

Distinguished
forget the 5670...No Idea about the case, you'll have to google it. You want something with decent airflow, or you'll be posting back saying your computer is overheating. You probably won't notice a difference in MW2, I also know a guy that runs Battle Field Bad company 2 on 2gb. The problem is when you get a new game and monitor. Fwi the 5770 is a little faster than the gts 450 if the money is the same.

G

Yeah thanks very much i'll try to find a corsair or an OCZ here in Egypt :/ and i think am stickin with the 2gb.
Thanks very much for the help and sorry for all the stupid Questions.

Cheers