My computer got coffee on it, and I need help!

jwdurden

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
Hello everyone, I spilled coffee on my computer this morning, soon after the fact I turned it off, cleaned it up as best I could with some paper towels and wiped up the screen. But, there is still coffee still under the keyboard but not on the circuit board (that I know of anyways). I was hoping that ya'll might have some ideas on how to get that stuff from underneath the keyboard and not let it get to the motherboard. If ya'll have ANY ideas on how to get it out, without me having to take the keys out, I would appreciate it! This is a laptop! Hence the concern of it leaking down into circuits and shtuff.

Dell 15R, 4GB @ 2.40 ATI MOBILE Radeon 540v, I3-Core.

I would rip open your laptop (figuratively speaking) and wipe down all your components with a damp towel. Take notes and / or pictures as you are taking your notebook apart since things have to be put back in a certain order.

Let all your components dry out for as long as possible. Overnight would be best.

I would have had the thing upside down (as far as the keyboard is concerned) in an airing cupboard or some such warm place overnight and crossed everything.
Was it insured or do you have accidental damage cover for your house insurance ?

Mactronix :)

jwdurden

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
Thanks guys, but I got it figured it out, I pretty much used a combination of all of ya'lls suggestions and talked to some techs, and I got it squared away.