duke_lvov

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
I have read a lot of the forum threads and haven't found a proper answer for my question, so now I'm asking you guys again.

I have a Logitech G500 mouse and I was thinking to replace it. I'm happy with the design and the features of it, but the material is not okay. I have "butcher" hands and the plastic can not keep up with the rough style I play. :sarcastic:

the scroll wheel has lost the well defined pushing point, it turns itself on-off every now and then only by moving the mouse, so I had to switch off the wheel in the software. the idea of the 3 buttons on the side is a very nice and I used them a lot but now the functionality is very unsure: in BC2 I have to press the middle button on the side 2-3 times to activate my kit. :fou:

functions I need:
- high (at least 4000 dpi) resolution
- very high sample rate for immediate actions
- 3 (!!!) buttons on the side of the mouse
- a rigid wheel with nice pushing point
- big mouse size
- weight system

I don't prefer any kind of lights on the mouse (especially blue!) and I don't prefer 2 buttons on the side either. I mainly play FPS, I don't play MMO, I'm right hand only, don't use any macros and I'm using a soft surface.

I have looked up the following items: the same thing I already have, the G500 from Logitech, the Razer Imperator, the Roccat Kone+ and the Steelseries Ikari Laser.

if you have any thoughts, experience or opinion with these candidates or you suggest anything else, please give me a shout. thank you in advance!

lucuis

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
Sounds like you'd be a prime candidate for one of the R.A.T. mice by Saitek. They have 4 models the R.A.T. 3, 5, 7, and 9 ranging from $44 - $150.

They're all very sturdy, and they're very customizable. Of course the high the model the more features. They may not be the best looking mouse to some, i personally think they look pretty cool, but they're very high quality. At least so i've read, i don't own one myself, though i've heard plenty of rave reviews.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=saitek+rat&x=0&y=0

duke_lvov

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011

Thank you very much for the quick answer and kind help, but these mice are way to industrial for me. :non: And in Hungary where I live they are also very expensive, so I better leave them.

lucuis

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
Fair enough, i only suggested these one's due to their high dpi, customization, and sturdiness.

Another suggestion might be the Razer series. I've owned 2 so far without any issues with breaking or wearing out buttons or plastic. Two of my friends also use Razer mouse without issue. I personally like the Mamba particularly for it's shape, it's very comfortable especially for my big hands. If the Mamba is a bit pricey there's the DeathAdder which shares the same shape as the Mamba.