Another Dropped Call Thread

I live in the N. NJ area. I have getting a lot of dropped calls. It
seems like the problem is getting worse. In addition, I can be talking
to someone and then can not hear what they are saying for 10-15
seconds. Then I hear the person talking. It is better than the call
being dropped all together but this is not good either. When I can't
hear the person, I show a good signal.

Of course Cingular is trying to blame the phone but I don't think that
is it at all. I have a Motorola V551.

Does anyone have an explanation as to why people fade out or why it
appears I am getting more dropped calls?

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about another dropped call thread

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 13:50:38 -0700, Compulady wrote:

    > I live in the N. NJ area. I have getting a lot of dropped calls. It
    > seems like the problem is getting worse. In addition, I can be talking
    > to someone and then can not hear what they are saying for 10-15
    > seconds. Then I hear the person talking. It is better than the call
    > being dropped all together but this is not good either. When I can't
    > hear the person, I show a good signal.
    >
    > Of course Cingular is trying to blame the phone but I don't think that
    > is it at all. I have a Motorola V551.
    >
    > Does anyone have an explanation as to why people fade out or why it
    > appears I am getting more dropped calls?
    >
    > Thanks.
    Actually this is common with the Motorolas I have a v505 (attws former)and
    an mpx220 (cingular)that do the same things after a few days of them being
    powered on. I contact moto and was told that this is an issue they are
    working on correcting but of course no eta for updates.I need to power
    cycle them every few days or the problem comes back.How often do you tturn
    off the phones?

    Compulady Wrote:
    > I live in the N. NJ area. I have getting a lot of dropped calls. It
    > seems like the problem is getting worse. In addition, I can be talking
    > to someone and then can not hear what they are saying for 10-15
    > seconds. Then I hear the person talking. It is better than the call
    > being dropped all together but this is not good either. When I can't
    > hear the person, I show a good signal.
    >
    > Of course Cingular is trying to blame the phone but I don't think that
    > is it at all. I have a Motorola V551.
    >
    > Does anyone have an explanation as to why people fade out or why it
    > appears I am getting more dropped calls?
    >
    > Thanks.
    I live in the same area and have the same exact problem but with an
    LG1300. I agree, it seems to be getting worse. On my plan, I also
    have two LG1400 which don't seem to be quite as bad. (I've read that
    the handset doesn't make a difference but this is what I've
    experienced.) Cingular customer service offer no help. I was an AT&T
    customer before this and got much better service (using a Nokia). I
    assumed that, since they bought out AT&T, Cingular service would be at
    least the same or better. I've sent an e-mail to their Sr. VP,
    Customer Service via the Cingular website but I'm expecting it to go
    into a bottomless pit. (I tried to send directly but I don't know
    their e-mail convention--does anyone know waht it is?) It will cost me
    almost $1,000 to cancel the plan for all four phones but I'm ready to
    take the LG1300's, put them in the driveway and drive the car over
    them. I would pay to upgrade the handsets just to get service but I'm
    not sure it will help. Does anyone have any advise?

    --
    davlyne

    Good morning. I live in Madison nj and did have this problem. If you can be
    patient I believe you will find it will be corrected. This may take a hwile
    but I am getting quite a clear signal with no dropps. It seems as they are
    trying to merge the networks there will be many things like this happening
    but I have seen them resolved. Yea, it may take a month but hang in there.
    I use a mot551 and travel throughout the state from newark to west milford
    to summerville and the like. Service is quite good and stable. I would be
    sure you call Cingular and ask that the latest updates be pushed to your
    phone.
    "davlyne" <davlyne.1r087g@news.cellbanter.com> wrote in message

    > Compulady Wrote:
    >> I live in the N. NJ area. I have getting a lot of dropped calls. It
    >> seems like the problem is getting worse. In addition, I can be talking
    >> to someone and then can not hear what they are saying for 10-15
    >> seconds. Then I hear the person talking. It is better than the call
    >> being dropped all together but this is not good either. When I can't
    >> hear the person, I show a good signal.
    >>
    >> Of course Cingular is trying to blame the phone but I don't think that
    >> is it at all. I have a Motorola V551.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have an explanation as to why people fade out or why it
    >> appears I am getting more dropped calls?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    > I live in the same area and have the same exact problem but with an
    > LG1300. I agree, it seems to be getting worse. On my plan, I also
    > have two LG1400 which don't seem to be quite as bad. (I've read that
    > the handset doesn't make a difference but this is what I've
    > experienced.) Cingular customer service offer no help. I was an AT&T
    > customer before this and got much better service (using a Nokia). I
    > assumed that, since they bought out AT&T, Cingular service would be at
    > least the same or better. I've sent an e-mail to their Sr. VP,
    > Customer Service via the Cingular website but I'm expecting it to go
    > into a bottomless pit. (I tried to send directly but I don't know
    > their e-mail convention--does anyone know waht it is?) It will cost me
    > almost $1,000 to cancel the plan for all four phones but I'm ready to
    > take the LG1300's, put them in the driveway and drive the car over
    > them. I would pay to upgrade the handsets just to get service but I'm
    > not sure it will help. Does anyone have any advise?
    >

    > --
    > davlyne

    I am experiencing this situation in Miami. As a former ATT customer who
    switched to Cingular GSM I am really hoping they get the system to the level
    of uninterrupted service I was so used to receiving for ATT. Right now I
    wish I was back on ATT TDMA.

    Jimmy
    "davlyne" <davlyne.1r087g@news.cellbanter.com> wrote in message

    > Compulady Wrote:
    >> I live in the N. NJ area. I have getting a lot of dropped calls. It
    >> seems like the problem is getting worse. In addition, I can be talking
    >> to someone and then can not hear what they are saying for 10-15
    >> seconds. Then I hear the person talking. It is better than the call
    >> being dropped all together but this is not good either. When I can't
    >> hear the person, I show a good signal.
    >>
    >> Of course Cingular is trying to blame the phone but I don't think that
    >> is it at all. I have a Motorola V551.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have an explanation as to why people fade out or why it
    >> appears I am getting more dropped calls?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    > I live in the same area and have the same exact problem but with an
    > LG1300. I agree, it seems to be getting worse. On my plan, I also
    > have two LG1400 which don't seem to be quite as bad. (I've read that
    > the handset doesn't make a difference but this is what I've
    > experienced.) Cingular customer service offer no help. I was an AT&T
    > customer before this and got much better service (using a Nokia). I
    > assumed that, since they bought out AT&T, Cingular service would be at
    > least the same or better. I've sent an e-mail to their Sr. VP,
    > Customer Service via the Cingular website but I'm expecting it to go
    > into a bottomless pit. (I tried to send directly but I don't know
    > their e-mail convention--does anyone know waht it is?) It will cost me
    > almost $1,000 to cancel the plan for all four phones but I'm ready to
    > take the LG1300's, put them in the driveway and drive the car over
    > them. I would pay to upgrade the handsets just to get service but I'm
    > not sure it will help. Does anyone have any advise?
    >

    > --
    > davlyne

Cingular Internet Service Providers