a battery charger by any other name...

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 2, 2005 4:54:55 AM

My husband bought me a Canon video light VL-10Li. I need a charger for
its battery. The Canon charger CA-920 is about $120. Meanwhile there
are off-brand Power-2000 (QP-8200) and CTA (BCBP915) chargers for about
$30. This kind of price differential seems to be in the "too good to be
true" range. Is it?

(The prices are from B&H, searching on "BP 915.")

More about : battery charger

Anonymous
March 2, 2005 6:46:02 AM

There are only a few dollars of parts in the chargers. The bulk is profit
for the company.

"CCCarlisle" <carlisleccc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My husband bought me a Canon video light VL-10Li. I need a charger for
> its battery. The Canon charger CA-920 is about $120. Meanwhile there
> are off-brand Power-2000 (QP-8200) and CTA (BCBP915) chargers for about
> $30. This kind of price differential seems to be in the "too good to be
> true" range. Is it?
>
> (The prices are from B&H, searching on "BP 915.")
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 1:24:22 PM

When we bought our new Olympus last year, the Olympus charger seemed
inordinately expensive. I got a Digipower universal charger for much
less which has worked perfectly, has all the connectors and as a bonus
will work on many other camera brands (the charging voltage is fully
adjustable). I'm satisfied.

CCCarlisle wrote:
> My husband bought me a Canon video light VL-10Li. I need a charger for
> its battery. The Canon charger CA-920 is about $120. Meanwhile there
> are off-brand Power-2000 (QP-8200) and CTA (BCBP915) chargers for about
> $30. This kind of price differential seems to be in the "too good to be
> true" range. Is it?
>
> (The prices are from B&H, searching on "BP 915.")
March 2, 2005 4:44:14 PM

You should also check out www.thomasdistributing.com. That is where I buy batteries and chargers.