Sign in with
Your question

The cheapest z77 in the market

Last response: in Motherboards
May 17, 2012 9:34:38 PM

hello everybody , i am planing to buy an i5 2500k and overclock it later when i get water cooling solution , and i am building a new pc rig ,with
vga => 7850 2gb oc (maybe crossfire in future )
ram => 4 gb
cpu => i5 2500k
motherboard ===> ga-z77-ds3h mb http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
what do u think of it ??
i wanted the cool features of z77 chipset but i found all of them too expensive for me till i found this on newegg if u notice that this is the cheapest z77 chipset in the market so i just want to know what do u think of it and what are its cons ??
and what do u think of this rig for hardcore gaming :)  my resolution is 1600x900

More about : cheapest z77 market

May 17, 2012 10:41:31 PM

if you look at some of the asrock boards you could get a few more features for little more
m
l
Related resources
May 18, 2012 2:59:49 PM

Thank u all for the info but they r expensive for me, I changed my mind and decided to get a b75 does it support overclocking?
m
l
May 18, 2012 3:10:05 PM

Save some money and go with Z77 or at least Z68 because B75 doesn't support overclocking which is a waste of unlocked CPU.

You can get Asrock Z77 Pro3 if Extreme4 is too expensive for you.
m
l
a c 207 V Motherboard
May 18, 2012 4:45:57 PM

Why are you looking for the cheapest / lowest performing MoBo ? What is it you think you are getting w/ Z77 that you won't get on Z68 or even P67 ? Note that you are using a IB MoBo w/ a SB CPU.

I'd also suggest getting skipping the water cooling solution, which will serve no purpose on SB and investing the money saved on a better MoBo.

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...

Quote:
It's almost ironic that coolers like this are becoming available just as processors transition to designs that may ultimately render them unnecessary; even overclocked to 5GHz, an Intel Sandy Bridge 2600K doesn't need anywhere near this level of cooling.

And the 2500k runs 7-10C cooler than the 2600k at that speed due to the latter's use of hyperthreading.

m
l
a c 462 V Motherboard
May 18, 2012 4:46:14 PM

if you have a local micro center they have them on sale and sometime they have combo deals with cpu.
m
l
May 18, 2012 6:12:35 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
Why are you looking for the cheapest / lowest performing MoBo ? What is it you think you are getting w/ Z77 that you won't get on Z68 or even P67 ? Note that you are using a IB MoBo w/ a SB CPU.

I'd also suggest getting skipping the water cooling solution, which will serve no purpose on SB and investing the money saved on a better MoBo.

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...

Quote:
It's almost ironic that coolers like this are becoming available just as processors transition to designs that may ultimately render them unnecessary; even overclocked to 5GHz, an Intel Sandy Bridge 2600K doesn't need anywhere near this level of cooling.

And the 2500k runs 7-10C cooler than the 2600k at that speed due to the latter's use of hyperthreading.

Nice cooling solution :)  , but I was going to get the water cooling in a year from now , second I want an ivy chipset because I may buy 3570k which is better than the i5 2500k thirdly I just want a mb that supports CPU overclocking and ATI crossfirex that's all what I need from a mb , so I chose the cheapest one that can do this for me :)  and I am building a new rig and am on budget so my money is limited this time that's y I am looking for the cheapest one , on wikipedia it says that the b75 can overclock CPU so I am confused between b75 and ga-z77-d3h
m
l
May 21, 2012 6:12:04 AM

Why would you buy a 2500k first then 3570k later... The difference is like $25
m
l
!