ihomen

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Hi all, I have a broken cpu (i7 920) and the question is, is there possibility to get date/time of last boot? I would like to find out when the last time he was run.

ihomen

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Are you 100% sure? I'm asking because i heard from someone there are computer services that can do that.

popatim

Titan
you can examine the harddrive of the computer in question by installing it in a difference computer. The system log would show the last boot as well as the last time any logged event occured... narrowing down the time of failure even further.

jonnyrb

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
He answered you. You can't? a dead cpu can't boot then how do you expect to extract information from it? if there is anything it would be on your hdd. Can you ask a dead person the last thing they saw :O? (Only on the tv show Fringe)

ihomen

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
The cpu is not a dead person, it can had some piece of memory that u can read using some devices in service. Im not talking about doing this at home i know its impossible...

jonnyrb

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010

You seem to know more about this than everyone else. Perhaps you should go back to your source who told you about it and ask them?

ihomen

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011

Sorry for making spam on forum with my question.. when you wrote about source then realize I can ask someone from Intel, so go to thier site found live chat with support and mr. named Alfredo ;P said "No, the processor does not record that information."

I just want to wrote here answer on my question because maybe one day someone will want to find out the same information.

Thx for all answers!

jonnyrb

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010

It's a good practise to post the answer :) now we all know for future cases.