Adding a keyboard and monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

My wife's company gave her a Dell Latitude laptop to telecommute. But
the screen and keyboard look so awkward that I'm afraid she'll hurt her
eyes and wrists. How do you add an external keyboard and monitor? Can
you make the second monitor the primary monitor, or will certain
programs only appear on the laptop monitor?

Izl

you should have a VGA port (15 pins, normally blue) on the back of the
laptop for the monitor and a keyboard port. The keyboard should be plug
and play. The monitor you should be able to turn on in the video
settings. There is also a function key combo that does it on the
Inspiron, not sure if the Latitude has it.

Guillermo

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2003

"Izl" <izlpin@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My wife's company gave her a Dell Latitude laptop to telecommute. But
> the screen and keyboard look so awkward that I'm afraid she'll hurt her
> eyes and wrists. How do you add an external keyboard and monitor? Can
> you make the second monitor the primary monitor, or will certain
> programs only appear on the laptop monitor?

Get a USB keyboard.
PLug in a monitor in the 15-pin port in the back.
You can either use only the laptop monitor, only the external, or extend
your desktop so you can use both at the same time (a lot more space). You
can control everything, determine which monitor is primary, etc, from the
display settings.

guillermo