Not open for further replies.

andyw80

Honorable
May 8, 2012
Currenty I am building a pc with these 2 aspects I know of

G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB (2 x 4GB) PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 Timings Memory

and

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3-iSSD LGA 1155 Intel Z68 ATX Motherboard w 20GB Intel SSD

does anybody know of know incompatiability issues with these two together?

thanks!

wigglerthefish

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010

Check the manufacturer's website... If you can't find it, I can try.

xXmjzXx

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2012
i had a few Gigabytes one came dead the other just broke after a few months and i just don't trust the brand at all ill stick with asrock and asus. My old asus did me well and my asrock is doing amazing and i think most people on here like Gigabyte its just not my cup of tea....

wigglerthefish

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
Can you give me a link? I need to check the model number.... Chances are, the memory is supported, anyway, but you can never be too sure.

Where did you buy the memory, or where are you planning on buying it? I need a model number to cross-reference.

wigglerthefish

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
Okay, I checked it, and it isn't on the list at all. That doesn't mean it isn't compatible, but just that it hasn't specifically been tested by Gigabyte.

If you want to be 100% sure that it will work, go with these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231314
This set is an older model, but it still works fine.

I actually have the G. Skill RipJaws X series in my computer, and I have no issues with it. In fact, I was able to lower the CL from 9 to 8 on all four sticks I bought. There is very little real chance that the memory will be incompatible.

I can't tell you to buy it, however, since it isn't specifically mentioned on the list, but, because its older version is on it, I think you're pretty safe in using it.

andyw80

Honorable
May 8, 2012
Thanks for your help....one last question...once i install motherboard...w power supplyshould it turn on and just not post ...or will it not.turn on

i was.thinking it might try and post and constantly reatart...just wanted.to test it before i get cpu and ram

thanks wiggler for quick resoonse and help..i appreciate u

wigglerthefish

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
Without CPU and RAM, it won't POST. If you can't get it to turn on when you're building it, just try one stick of memory in each slot, to see where the problem is.

If it keeps restarting (like mine did), you have to RMA one of the components. My motherboard was the issue, so I sent it in to MSI to exchange it.

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to test a power supply. Maybe hook up a single case fan? And see if the power supply can turn on the fan?

andyw80

Honorable
May 8, 2012
I know how to test cpu...i wanta know without cpu and.ram should.motherboard stay on or if it restarts is that normal without cpu and.ram

psu tests fine as well

Status
Not open for further replies.