didles

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Hello,

My build:

AMD PHENOM II X6 1055T @ 3.5
CORSAIR XMS3 4GB KIT
SEASONIC M211 620W

Not long ago i've been having really bad bsod related to memory problems. this happened even though i installed a clean OS.

I tried troubleshooting the memory and apparently it has no issue, the hard disk also wasn't at fault ( i completely reformatted it and even used the tool provided by seagate )

But now the thing is that i realized that each time i power up the PC, ( my settings are OC'ed ).
I just need to enter the BIOS, reset my clock settings to 200 which is the stock setting ( 2.8 ) save and exit.

This causes the PC to shutdown momentarily ( the fans, led's hard disk etc turn off ) and back on again. After which i am able to enter the bios and key in 250 which will give me 3.5ghz.

Now i know that people can hit up to 3.9 stable and my voltage is only at 1.38. I have been doing this reset thing for months and i hadn't had one BSOD.

I really have no idea whether is it the power supply or motherboard issue?
A little help from anyone?!

Thanks alot guys!!!
didles

didles

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
hello,

Sorry for the late reply!! Im currently serving National Service thus don't have the time to come online!

First i wanna say thanks for the reply!

No i'm actually using Asus m4a89gtd Pro

I flashed it to the latest bios.

I only have rams installed in my 2 inner slots ( nearer to the cpu )

im running HT at 2000, memory is at 1333!

I suppose these are very stable speeds?.

I suspect it has something to do with the motherboard vrm or phase regulators ( something to do with power? ) because of the reset symptom i have...

Any insights?

Thanks!!!

didles

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
hello,

Sorry for the late reply!! Im currently serving National Service thus don't have the time to come online!

First i wanna say thanks for the reply!

No i'm actually using Asus m4a89gtd Pro

I flashed it to the latest bios.

I only have rams installed in my 2 inner slots ( nearer to the cpu )

im running HT at 2000, memory is at 1333!

I suppose these are very stable speeds?.

I suspect it has something to do with the motherboard vrm or phase regulators ( something to do with power? ) because of the reset symptom i have...

Any insights?

Thanks!!!

popatim

Titan
when you go back in and key in 250 thats changing the Front Side Bus. (FSB) and when you change that you also change the speed of the PCI, PCIe, HT, and memory busses.
HT speed is 10x fsb so 250 would be pushing it at 2500. You need to change this multiplier to 8 unless your motherboard does it automatically.
Repeat for the other affecteds busses... esp memory since that is where you are having issues

Really you should consult an overclocking guide for your chipset or motherboard. You should have been aware of these thing before you began overclocking.

TRENDING THREADS