Hdmi poor quality

tech81

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
HDMI out on GTS 450 to HDMI on EV320VL VIZIO lcd tv is seriously poor quality. No update per Nvidia site pertaining to this type of bug fix but still tried updated drivers. Both hdmi ports on the tv are the same , dvi to hdmi converter is the same.. Any ideas ? Note: Have tried about everything i can find on the web and same .. native resolution is 1900+ it does see that but same results no matter the resolution. Tried on xp sp3, win 7 sp1. ecs 7050m-m mobo , amd x2 oc'd 3.15, 4 Gb ram

tech81

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
Lol . I wish it were that simple. I have 3 different hdmi cables ive tried and they are all the same. Oddly enough, I have another tv same brand and size only the next newer model and hdmi looks fine on it w/o any config at all from me. Also , i have a old vid card on a xp box that is fine with hdmi as well (same tv) ...Im at a loss on this..
same pc other tv = fine
same pc my tv = poor
different pc my tv = fine
maybe my tv doesnt like my mobo or something ??? lol

tech81

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
I know its odd but again, I have multiple HDMI devices that are fine on the same ports im using with the same cords. I tested the video card on my other tv which is the same brand and size just the next newer model which is fine. Issue being when I plug the HDMI into this one its hardcore grainy. NATIVE resolution using HDMI is 1920x cant remember 1020 or something but thats beside the point. Is there something im missing here ?

jaguarskx its possible your right but i use the tv on other HDMI pc's and game consoles w/o issues...

same pc other tv = fine
same pc my tv = very poor
different HDMI pc my tv = fine
maybe my tv doesnt like my mobo or something ?

tech81

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
Thanks for the posts yall. Will give riva tuner a shot soon as i replace the fan on the gts 450. Had the case open and hit the fan on accident @ full rpm and snapped a few of the blades off. BTW, Anyone know where i can get a replacment case + fan (fan is embedded to the case) for it ? (GTS 450) Been looking and I havent found anything. Microcenter didnt even have anything that fit to my knowledge or the ppl working there.