Upgrading computer (cpu)

Hey guys, was wondering what everyone thought. I am wanting to upgrade my PC, the current specs are
Processor: AMD Athlon x2 2.7ghz dual core processor 5200+.
Motherboard: MCP61PM-HM (Nettle3) Link below for more infor

5 gb of ram.
Nvidia 9600gt graphics
power supply 400w

Wanting to upgrade cpu, but not sure what i should do. I found some of these cpus on newegg, and was wondering if u might be able to help me figure one out, if any. Simply wanting to upgrade for a little more effecient gaming, and a using some programs. Nothing too intense, but would like to upgrade it to the best i possibly can.

Thanks for the help.
4 answers Last reply
More about upgrading computer
  1. just upgrading your cpu will not give much impact on gaming performance.....as your 9600gt is really old
    consider saving some more money for a bigger upgrade (ie, cpu+gpu)
  2. It really doesn't do bad... It does quite well honestly, i'm just interested in upgrading the cpu for now, and later down the road, I would like to simply build another computer... However for now, i'm just interested in upgrading this. Thanks for the reply though
  3. I may buy a new GPU soon, but one thing at a time. :)
  4. Achtually, that board can only go to a phenom 2.3 which isn't powerful. Though, a msi ka790gx-m with a phenom x4 3.4 and a geforce 260 or 250 gts is a great choice (also need a 550 watt psu or 600.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt CPUs Processors Systems Product