Sign in with
Your question

Win7 x64 - Sound 'freezing' every boot

Last response: in Components
August 29, 2011 8:01:54 PM

Hello!

Hopefully I can find an answer here

Just did a clean install of Win7 X64 on my system, previously had Vista.

Everything is great. Fast, better gaming etc.

However the sound is making me lose my hair!

Specifically upon a boot anything I try to do with sound, play a video, game, even mute/unmute the sound in the mixer causes that application to freeze and have to be ctrl+alt+deleted.

Sometimes after a boot I can play a game right away, sound is working. Other times it just hangs on the initial loading screen because it cannot initialize the sound module I think.

The tricky part, I am using Logitech G930 headphones (USB), and have nothing plugged into my onboard sound card or the PCI-E Creative X-FI Extreme soundcard.

I have disabled the built in NVIDIA HD audio and the Creative card, only leaving the G930 plugged in as the sound device.

All drivers are loaded fresh.

Is it a compatiblity issue with the G930 and Win7? Perhaps the software is not loading properly.

August 29, 2011 8:13:50 PM

have you tried using the soundcard?

Try updating your drivers, it might help, not too sure about the rest.

oh wait i saw you said all drivers are loaded fresh. Is that from a disc? or did you do it via the net?

hmm... im sorry but i dunno what else to say, i guess this will just bumpt he thread if anything.
m
l
August 29, 2011 8:13:50 PM

From my research:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Headphones-Headsets-Micro...

This seems to be exactly what I am experiencing... So almost 100% the answer is the G930 device it appears.

Anyone have experience dealing with this device?

Never had ANY problems with it in Vista, but it seems Win7 is a a whole diff ball of wax
m
l
August 29, 2011 8:14:55 PM

pkhamidar2com said:
have you tried using the soundcard?

Try updating your drivers, it might help, not too sure about the rest.

No, I do everything from the headphones.

Yea I went through all the sound related drivers last night... the lasted and greatest are installed
m
l
!