SLI This Card?

K-Oicks

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
I'm getting a new computer soon and I know all the parts I'm getting except for the video card. I have a $500-$600 budget and I was planning on doing an SLI setup. I looked through all the cards on newegg.ca (I'm from Canada btw) and it seemed like my best choice my my price would be to SLI this card:

GIGABYTE Super Overclock Series GV-N560SO-1GI-950 GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-125-369&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

My question for the experts are:

1. Is this the best card to SLI with for my money? If not what one do you think is the best?

2. If it is, what are the chances of getting a dud? On newegg.ca this review was left on the card:

Pros: none - except for I know im and amd man for sure now.

Cons: I had same problem a lot of people have had, drivers crashed a lot, I had artifacts sometimes, crashed to black screen. Popped in my old ati 5850 and WOW EVERYTHING IS FINE. Bought this thinking nvidia had something going for it but I have now rma'd this and have a 6950 2gb on the way.

Other Thoughts: If you are on the fence about this and the 6950 dont bother go for the 6950 dont waste your time a lot of people are having problems with this card. Get on Nvidia forums you will see 560 ti every other thread, problem after problem.

and also

Pros: it looked cool

Cons: i was running a 4870 for the past 3ish years no problems just old so i got the 560ti

I though hey its SOC out of the box, Nvidia is great right? nothing but problems

Ever 5-10min my display driver stops responding screen
goes blank

downloaded the 266.66 drivers from Nvidia website
then the 267 drivers (after uninstalling 266)
then down clocked to 930/920/900/850 with matching shader and lower mem

still nothing but problems

Other Thoughts: reading on other forums i see there are alot of problems i would have hoped to at least be able to run at stock speeds but no its a pice of _____

This makes me think seconds about this card since so many people are apparently having problems with it, I need help! :(

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, get a pair of those Gigabyte GTX 560 SOC's. They will rock out any other single card solution, and they will do it cool and quiet. And don't worry about those wankers complaining on the Newegg website.

K-Oicks

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011

What do think of this card :

Sparkle Calibre X560
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-560-ti-roundup-asus-engtx560-graphics-card-overclocking,2858-11.html

I found this thread when I searched GTX 560 Ti
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-560-ti-roundup-asus-engtx560-graphics-card-overclocking,2858.html
which compares 5 GTX 560 Ti cards and the one I linked above came ahead of the Gigabyte GTX 560 SOC in most of the charts. When I tried looking up the Sparkle Calibre card it didn't look like no one was selling it; is the card even out yet? Also if it's not do you know when it 'might' be? Probably going to end up buying the Gigabyte in the end but just wanted to make sure.