Will this board help in over clocking?

karthikk

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Hay folks, I currently own a Pentium E2140, and Intel D945GCPE motherboard *ouch*, with 2 gig Kingston RAM and 80 gig hard disk.
I am thinking of buying this motherboard - Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2, along with a 4 gig ram of supported frequency (may be 1333). I want to know if it is a good board to overclock my E2140. If I have the board, will I be able to overclock my processor through BIOS?? Or can I use some software?? And I have a PSU of 230 Watts and will use stock cooling.
Will I be able to overclock my E2140 to almost 2.4GHz????
Bear in mind, if you will suggest me another motherboard, let it be a little cheap - you will know that by looking at the motherboard.
Thanking all who will help me, in advance. Peace

i dont know how will it overclock because I have never used that config but yes if the motherboard supports overclocking it will be gone through the BIOS. 230w is low I would not feel comfortable pushing more voltage to my cpu with that and you should not overclock on stock cooling as overclocking is done by basically increasing voltage and with voltage you increase the heat output. heat output will degregate your components faster