Best GBA accessories?

Hi,

I've looked over the wealth of GBA "starter accessory kits" and I'm
thoroughly confused. ;-) I figure I need:
1) Headphones and an adaptor
2) A carrying case that holds the GBA and some games
3) Can't say I find a car charger compelling, but I wouldn't mind having
one.

There are so many brands, and at the cheap prices for some of them, I have
to think that some of the bundles contain mostly junk.

Can any of you recommend accessories and manufacturers that you're happy
with?

Thanks,

Steve

One extra I got for my GBA was hand grips.made it easrier to hang on
to the unit easiier.

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 03:01:37 GMT, Steven Folberg
<rebbi@notonyourlifespambreath.texas.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've looked over the wealth of GBA "starter accessory kits" and I'm
>thoroughly confused. ;-) I figure I need:
>1) Headphones and an adaptor
>2) A carrying case that holds the GBA and some games
>3) Can't say I find a car charger compelling, but I wouldn't mind having
>one.
>
>There are so many brands, and at the cheap prices for some of them, I have
>to think that some of the bundles contain mostly junk.
>
>Can any of you recommend accessories and manufacturers that you're happy
>with?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Steve

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

Steven Folberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've looked over the wealth of GBA "starter accessory kits" and I'm
> thoroughly confused. ;-) I figure I need:
> 1) Headphones and an adaptor
> 2) A carrying case that holds the GBA and some games
> 3) Can't say I find a car charger compelling, but I wouldn't mind having
> one.
>
> There are so many brands, and at the cheap prices for some of them, I have
> to think that some of the bundles contain mostly junk.
>
> Can any of you recommend accessories and manufacturers that you're happy
> with?

Most accessories are pretty useless unless you have a specific need for
them; if you want to use headphones with an SP, you need the headphone
adapter; if you travel in a car alot (and I mean a lot alot considering
the length the SP battery lasts), you may need a car charger.
Bags are more multipurpose. I actually use a Pelican bag intended for
the original GBA for my SP; it holds the SP and the charger and a good
number of games.
If you have a Media Play near you, check them out; they had various
video game accessories on sale recently, including a $30 SP starter pack
for $7.50.

> Hi,
>
> I've looked over the wealth of GBA "starter accessory kits" and I'm
> thoroughly confused. ;-) I figure I need:
> 1) Headphones and an adaptor
> 2) A carrying case that holds the GBA and some games
> 3) Can't say I find a car charger compelling, but I wouldn't mind having
> one.
>
> There are so many brands, and at the cheap prices for some of them, I have
> to think that some of the bundles contain mostly junk.
>
> Can any of you recommend accessories and manufacturers that you're happy
> with?

I recently got my GBA SP and don't have an of the accessories, yet! I think
some kind of bag would come in handy, especially since the games are so
small, they could be easy to lose! Don't know if you would need a
specialized bag though, but if you could get one at a good price...
Since the battery lasts a long time, I wouldn't think you would need a car
charger, unless you will be playing in the car for a LONG time! I have an
adapter that plugs into my car lighter and has a regular electrical plug on
the other end. I go camping sometimes, so this is good for electricity on
the road. It isn't cheap, but a good tool to have....

If you want to play with headphones, you will need the adaptor for that....

Have fun!