Best GBA accessories?

Hi,

I've looked over the wealth of GBA "starter accessory kits" and I'm
thoroughly confused. ;-) I figure I need:
1) Headphones and an adaptor
2) A carrying case that holds the GBA and some games
3) Can't say I find a car charger compelling, but I wouldn't mind having
one.

There are so many brands, and at the cheap prices for some of them, I have
to think that some of the bundles contain mostly junk.

Can any of you recommend accessories and manufacturers that you're happy
with?

Thanks,

Steve
3 answers Last reply
More about best accessories

    One extra I got for my GBA was hand grips.made it easrier to hang on
    to the unit easiier.

    Steven Folberg wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've looked over the wealth of GBA "starter accessory kits" and I'm
    > thoroughly confused. ;-) I figure I need:
    > 1) Headphones and an adaptor
    > 2) A carrying case that holds the GBA and some games
    > 3) Can't say I find a car charger compelling, but I wouldn't mind having
    > one.
    >
    > There are so many brands, and at the cheap prices for some of them, I have
    > to think that some of the bundles contain mostly junk.
    >
    > Can any of you recommend accessories and manufacturers that you're happy
    > with?

    Most accessories are pretty useless unless you have a specific need for
    them; if you want to use headphones with an SP, you need the headphone
    adapter; if you travel in a car alot (and I mean a lot alot considering
    the length the SP battery lasts), you may need a car charger.
    Bags are more multipurpose. I actually use a Pelican bag intended for
    the original GBA for my SP; it holds the SP and the charger and a good
    number of games.
    If you have a Media Play near you, check them out; they had various
    video game accessories on sale recently, including a $30 SP starter pack
    for $7.50.

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've looked over the wealth of GBA "starter accessory kits" and I'm
    > thoroughly confused. ;-) I figure I need:
    > 1) Headphones and an adaptor
    > 2) A carrying case that holds the GBA and some games
    > 3) Can't say I find a car charger compelling, but I wouldn't mind having
    > one.
    >
    > There are so many brands, and at the cheap prices for some of them, I have
    > to think that some of the bundles contain mostly junk.
    >
    > Can any of you recommend accessories and manufacturers that you're happy
    > with?

    I recently got my GBA SP and don't have an of the accessories, yet! I think
    some kind of bag would come in handy, especially since the games are so
    small, they could be easy to lose! Don't know if you would need a
    specialized bag though, but if you could get one at a good price...
    Since the battery lasts a long time, I wouldn't think you would need a car
    charger, unless you will be playing in the car for a LONG time! I have an
    adapter that plugs into my car lighter and has a regular electrical plug on
    the other end. I go camping sometimes, so this is good for electricity on
    the road. It isn't cheap, but a good tool to have....

    If you want to play with headphones, you will need the adaptor for that....

    Have fun!

Console Gaming Accessories Video Games