Sign in with
Your question
Solved

IS IT ENOUGH FOR PLATFORM 775 SOCKET?

Last response: in Systems
June 4, 2011 11:26:29 AM

Greetings all,
I would like to get your opinion on my pc's , is it consider fast pc for platform 775 socket or do i need to changed few more hardware? I'm trying to get the fullest performance with my current pc.

1. CASING HAF 932 WITH SILENT PRO M600 WTT.
2. MOTHERBOARD ASUS P5P43TD PRO
3. DDR3 RAM KVR 4GB 1333 X 4 = TOTAL 16GB OR RAM
4. CORE 2 DUO E7400 2.8GHZ
5. ASUS GT 430 1GB DDR3
6. HDD SEAGATE 500GB 32MB CACHE 4 UNIT (2 HDD I USE FOR RAID 0 )
7. SAMSUNG 2TB 2 UNIT
8. WESTERN DIGITAL IDE 500GB 1 UNIT
9. DVD WRITTER IDE 20X SPEED

FEW OF THESE HARDWARE I JUST RECENTLY CHANGED. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IS IT OK FOR MY NEW SPEC OR DO I HAVE TO CHANGED FEW MORE HARDWARE TO GET BETTER PERFORMANCE FOR SOCKET 775?

YOUR FEEDBACK AND OPINION IS MUCH APPRECIATED.

More about : platform 775 socket

June 4, 2011 11:42:28 AM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
June 4, 2011 8:46:54 PM

If you can upgrade the processor on the cheap, you should have a nice (if not new) system. Look to see if you can find any bargains on a Core2Quad quad-core processor (Q9xxx/Q8xxx series). If you can find one of these processors for under $200, go for it (amazon currently lists the Q9650 for over $300).

-Wolf sends
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
June 4, 2011 8:51:26 PM

First thing that should be upgraded if you are going to upgrade is the graphics card. A GT430 is not a heavy hitter in the gaming world. Don't know what kind of games you play or at what resolution but I would recommend getting at least a AMD Radeon HD 5770 or higher. 5770's can be found for around or below $100 USD
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
June 4, 2011 8:53:20 PM

Quote:
I'm trying to get the fullest performance with my current pc.

Fullest performance in what?? Email? AOL Chat? Chess?
m
l
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
June 4, 2011 9:19:33 PM

The simplest upgrade would be to fit decent cpu cooler , then head for BIOS and change the FSB to 333MHz .
Suddenly you will have a processor running at 3.5 Ghz .
Almost all these cpu's run well at that speed usually with no other changes .

And take out half the RAM unless you are using CS5 and have a 64 bit operating system .
Hell if you have a 32 bit OS then take out another 4 gig as well

m
l
June 5, 2011 2:29:23 AM

THANKS FOR THE REPLY, (GEEKAPPROVED) WHAT I MEAN IS THE HIGHEST THAT MY MOTHERBOARD CAN SUPPORT IT'S HARDWARE,

OUTLANDER : I'M USING 64BIT WIN7 PRO, CAN YOU ENLIGHTEN ME AS WHY NEED TO DECREASE THE RAM? IS IT BECOS I'M USING KINGSTON VALUE RAM NOT PERFORMANCE RAM? AND IF I SET THE BIOS AND CGHD THE SETTING TO 333MHz WILL IT BE STABLE? IS MY CURRENT PROCESSOR IS RELIABLE FOR OC? I JUST NEED TO SET THE FSB ONLY OR OTHER SETTING MUST GO WITH IT?. EXMAPLE RAM MHz NEED TO ADJUST ALSO? AND FOR NOW THE MOST I CAN CHANGED IS DISPLAY CARD TO GO FOR GT460 OR HD 5770 OR A BIT HIGHER DUE TO MY CURRENT BUDGET ^_^.

m
l
June 5, 2011 2:38:03 AM

IN THE NEAR FUTURE DEFINETLY WILL CHGD THE PROCESSOR, BUT FOR NOW I'M STUCK WITH MY CURRENT PROCESSOR. AND GUYS IF FOR NOW I OC TO 3.5GHz AND CGHD TO NEW DISPLAY CARD EXAMPLE GT 460 OR GT560 DO U THINK IT WILL BECOME DECENT GAMERS RIG?... COS TO TELL THE TRUTH FOR NOW NEW CPU AND NEW MB IS NOT GONNA HAPPEN FOR ME DUE CERTAIN REASON. WHAT DO U THINK GUYS?
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
June 5, 2011 2:44:19 AM

Go for the GTX 460 and overclock that to 840mhz core. And be careful about just blindly turning your FSB to 333mhz. I would recommend googling a overclocking guide. And please dont type in all CAPS it hurts the eyes. Just my .02
m
l

Best solution

a c 122 B Homebuilt system
June 5, 2011 2:44:45 AM

Dunhill, do you see that key marked [CAPS LOCK] on the left side of your keyboard?
Turn it off, then leave it alone. :) 

Overclocking the CPU, while not quite as simple as Outlander makes it out to be, is not that difficult.

This should be your first stop.
Core2 Overclocking Guide
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/259899-11-core-over...

Next stop should be a guide for your particular motherboard. Google is your friend.

Then move your thread to the overclocking forums.

As far as the E7400 being suitable, I have an E7500 running at 4.1 GHz in an old Gigabyte P35 motherboard.
June 5, 2011 3:09:26 AM

Thanks n sorry about CAPS LOCK ^_^. thanks again for the info regarding OC's setting. both for the CPU n GPU, will definitely try it. But as for RAMS any idea is it ok for me to use value ram or do i need to chgd to others ram example HYPERX? and if so why is that? cos few of my friends said it's better to use value ram and some said HYPERX... does it make huge diff between those two rams?
m
l
June 5, 2011 3:16:11 AM

ram speed doesnt really matter much for gaming. i think what the other user what trying to say is that you have way more ram than you need or will ever use, but you wont actually get an improvement by removing ram. you only need about 4 gb for gaming, more than that wont yield fps increase, so 16 gb is serious overkill. you can sell two of those sticks if you want.

right now your major bottleneck is that graphics card, which definitely needs to be upgraded to something like gtx 460 at the least.
m
l
June 5, 2011 7:01:07 AM

Thanks, will upgrade the GPU a.s.a.p. , and for the processor slowly but surely will changed . And if i may ask u guys, before this i'm using 2 hdd 80gb WD for raid 0 and now changed to 500gb seagate barracuda 32mb cache for raid 0 but still in windows experience inder show rate of 5.9 , it's the same as when i'm using 80gb as raid 0. Did i miss something from setting or anything?.
m
l
June 5, 2011 8:00:45 AM

Overclocked Toaster said:
ram speed doesnt really matter much for gaming. i think what the other user what trying to say is that you have way more ram than you need or will ever use, but you wont actually get an improvement by removing ram. you only need about 4 gb for gaming, more than that wont yield fps increase, so 16 gb is serious overkill. you can sell two of those sticks if you want.

right now your major bottleneck is that graphics card, which definitely needs to be upgraded to something like gtx 460 at the least.

I'm loving my GTS 450, can run most games on high/maxed settings with good fps. But yeah, a gtx 460 or the new gtx 550s would do a good job on a budget as well (I would actually rather have 1 of these 2 cards).
m
l
June 5, 2011 10:08:50 AM

Best answer selected by Dunhill79.
m
l
!