Best Gaming PC for under 1000$?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryAngel

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
Hello,

I do realize that building my own PC would probably be cheaper. However, I have no knowledge whatsoever towards building a computer, therefore I do not think that it would be a good choice for me. There are a few reasons as to why I would not want to build my own computer, the obvious one would be that I do not have any knowledge towards building, another reason would be spending ages to find a solution to a possible problem.

Basically I am not interested in building my own computer, I would like to buy one instead. Currently I have "Advent T9608" which is 3 years old or so. The reason as to why I want a new computer is due to the fact that I spend a lot of my time playing games.

I apologize for the long introduction. Anyway, I am willing to spend 700-1000$ (£400-600) towards a gaming PC. I do realize that having such a small budget won't buy me a beast, although I do expect to be able to buy a PC that will be able to keep up with the latest games.

Long story short:
Please recommend me a PC that would cost 700-1000$ (£400-600). I want the PC to be good enough to be able to play latest games. If it's any help, I do spend a lot of my time playing games. I also live in UK if it's any help. If anyone has any other questions - please ask.

Thank you for reading.

Hi, maybe try something like this: http://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Gaming+Range/Gladiator/Gladiator+Vulcan+GTX+Gaming+PC+?productId=44611

The good thing about Aria too is that they will let you swap some parts around if you pay the difference, they might even custom build you a system to be honest. You want to be aiming for something like:

Core i3/i5 CPU (Preferably overclocked i5-2500k)
4GB or 8GB 'Branded' RAM (4 is enough atm but RAM is cheap so many people get 8GB)
~500-600W (Depending on full setup) 'Branded PSU'
GTX 460/GTX 560/HD 6850/HD 6870
HAF/Antec Cases are good but theyre mainly personal preference.

AngryAngel

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011

I'm astonished by this. I think it's a truly great choice, I will wait a few more days to see whether someone will be able to find something better, although I doubt it. I really appreciate your reply.

AngryAngel

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
it applies because you want a new gaming pc for under $1000.
if im correct by saying so that AMD platforms are usually priced very well.
also bulldozer is around the corner.
so why not wait.
this was just a tip!
Well, thanks. I just don't think that it's going to be a good choice due to the fact that it's going to be a newly released item, meaning that it will cost quite a lot in the beginning. Unfortunately for me I do not have much patience. :lol:

jeremy1183

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
I thought the same thing about building....just need to do some research watch some really good step by step building tutorials and you will see that assembly isnt really that hard although you are correct that troubleshooting a 1st time boot might be a PITA but there is so much knowledge on this site that it could actually make it alot less stressfull than you think. ANNNNNND it's cheaper..more bang for buck to build your own. Your pref though....

AngryAngel

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011

I'm not worried about building it. I'm worried about faulty products.

jeremy1183

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
Hopefully you can buy your pre built locally because many people have faulty prebuilts when they arrive to to shipping handling. Either way good luck.

AngryAngel

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011

I have been checking that website daily ever since you made this post. They first made some changes to the item saying that we can buy it for super price which was basically 30 pound discount from the original price. After 2 days or so, it was not longer available for "special price". Then 2 days later again, it was yet again available for special price which was 30 pounds off from the original price again. Then after that, today, they have changed the price immensely.

It used to cost 550 pounds with free delivery, when there was those 2 occasions in which you were able to buy, it cost 520 pounds. At the moment the price is 670! They have also removed "Free delivery" button. I most definitely will not be buying from them. :pfff:

AngryAngel

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883113172

This PC seems great. Would I be wrong by saying so? Also, it would be truly wonderful if anyone would be kind enough to tell me how "Newegg" is like (customer support, warranty, and such other important things).

Also, I will probably but this PC, does anyone have a better option? Or could anyone tell me as to why I should not buy this PC or buy from Newegg?

Thanks a lot !

AngryAngel

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
that is a nice pc but you will want a faster gpu for games...
GPU? Excuse my ignorance. Graphics Card? I'm quite sure that it wouldn't be an issue. I am used to playing games with 1024x768. Besides, even if I tried playing with a higher resolution, I would always be able to replace the graphics card, correct?

AngryAngel

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
Okay, another question(s):

Newegg has all of their products in $, meaning that they are based in the USA rather than UK (where I currently live). So if I had some kind of an issue regarding my PC, how would I be able to solve the issue? Calling them would cost quite a lot and if I had to send my PC all the way to USA it would take ages... Would they even pay for the cost of shipping, or would I have to pay?

I suppose that I should go and just ask them instead lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.