Palit NVIDIA GTX460 Sonic problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulin

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
Hi guys.

I have a problem with the PALIT NVIDIA GeForce GTX460 1024MB Sonic. I've been working on this issue for 8 hours straight so excuse my english.

Scenario:

Uninstalled all the graphics drivers in safe mode,
plugged the gtx 460 to a PCI-E slot,
plugged the monitor to the graphics card
booted up.

black screen. i switched my monitor to the motherboard. worked fine.
went to device manager... showed an unknown device.
tried to install drivers manually - no effect.
basically, tried all the solutions out there and none of them work.
(yes, including disabling the graphics adapter in BIOS)
(flashed bios - no luck)
the card works fine on my brother's PC.

Specs:
AMD Athlon II X4 630
Asus M3N78-VM
8GB RAM DDR2
Win764, tried XP64 too.

please help

kulin

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
forgot to mention.
tried this without, one, and both power supply slots on the graphics card
and my PSU is Corsair TX750W(UK)

All evidence points to the BIOS.

I know you said you've disabled the onboard graphics but that is the only thing that makes sense. It should be one of the following.

1. Your BIOS isn't properly configured
2. Your BIOS has a glitchy

I couldn't get a manual, but I think it most likely that somehow the BIOS is not enabling the PCIe slot for graphics. You can turn OFF the onboard graphics but is there another setting related to the PCIe addon graphics card?

kulin

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011

well. save it for yourself. my brother uses the same card and it works. tried connecting my card to his PC and it works just fine.

kulin

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011

I tried updating BIOS, setting it on default, and still no luck. I'm going to post every graphics-related section in BIOS in 5 mins.

accolite

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Have you setup your card as the primary display under windows and disable the onboard under windows?

On XP its right click properties, settings tab, extend display and use device as primary monitor.

You first extend display and after its extended click on use device as primary after it does that uncheck extend display to your onboard video and disable the device under device manager and uninstall drivers.

Doing the above step your pretty much disabling the onboard video and only letting signal go through your card.

kulin

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
dsadass.jpg

I've done it already with onboard graphics disabled, i can't set it as primary, because my system detects the card as 'Unknown'.

PS. Screenshot was after i ENABLED my onboard graphics again.

kulin

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
btw i can't install drivers for it because it has to detect the card first.
tried doing it manually, and i had to go safe mode again because i couldn't boot normally.

Contact customer service for RMA because your card is likely dead and is defective. There is a reason why people avoid Palit such as no power vrm cooling, noisy and very fragile fan that is known t break, numerous other issues. Bios updates only go so far, Ask for level 2 or above support if you have to if the customer service representative isn't helpful.

kulin

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011

wow thanks for your reply, but you didn't read my posts carefully.
I tested the card on my brother's PC and it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.