Sign in with
Your question

Wireless G to Wireless N

Last response: in Wireless Networking
December 1, 2010 3:36:51 PM

Hello, Question. Current wireless setup with router, computer and printer all wireless G. Buying new computer with wireless N. My wireless printer is b/g. New computer Wireless N. Before I buy a wireless N Router, will I be able to access the router on "N" with my computer AND the printer on "G" or must I do everything "G" assuming I still want to use the printer?

More about : wireless wireless

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 1, 2010 4:06:28 PM

There should be compatibility between g and n equipment, though you may not gain the full benefits of n.
m
l
a c 80 F Wireless
December 1, 2010 4:15:28 PM

No need to upgrade your router

the new laptop will fine with the old router
m
l
Related resources
December 1, 2010 4:23:24 PM

bosslash said:
Hello, Question. Current wireless setup with router, computer and printer all wireless G. Buying new computer with wireless N. My wireless printer is b/g. New computer Wireless N. Before I buy a wireless N Router, will I be able to access the router on "N" with my computer AND the printer on "G" or must I do everything "G" assuming I still want to use the printer?

Thanks Emerald ( and fihart). Appreciate it. I hope to take advantage of the inherent N stability/speed/bandwidth improvements ( or whatever it does "better"....so I would like to operate my computer on N for that but also really enjoy having a wireless printer so I need ideally to communicate with that on G while talking to the router on N. Love not having to go back and plug in the laptop to print. As a result, I want to have my cake and eat it too.
m
l
a b F Wireless
December 1, 2010 9:04:18 PM

backwards compatible you should have no isues!
m
l
!