Solved

Silverstone ft02 usb 3.0

Hello,
I am hoping that some one could help me refit the case usb 2.0 to usb 3.0
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about silverstone ft02
  1. You will need to replace the USB2 ports if you wish to get USB3 speeds. Does your motherboard have USB3 ports? if so where are they? On the Rear, on a motherbd header, or both ?
  2. There are usb 3.0 drivebay panels available, but as Popatim says, more info on Mobo please
    Moto
  3. I am getting an ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe mobo which has a usb 3.0 20 pin header and ports on the rear i/o .. so my question is can i refit the existing usb 2.0 on the case, to be usb 3.0. I am guessing there should be parts available for this purpose.
  4. http://www.anandtech.com/show/4620/silverstone-fortress-ft02-true-classics-never-go-out-of-style makes reference to an aftermarket usb 3.0 kit, but I can only find drivebay versions, not one to fit where your 2.0's are at the minute, I'm also sure that will be a one-piece circuitboard so replacing that with a (possibly modded) drivebay version will lose you your headphone/ mic plugs
    Google usb 3.0 drivebay if you want to check some of the options out, but at least you have the mobo or backplate option :)
    Moto
  5. I saw this review as well which made me wonder where he got that from I have not seen anything like it. I will keep looking, will post back if i find anything...
  6. OK Found the answer on the of all places the silverstone website. Apparently on the ft02 page under q&a the question of refitting to usb 3.0 is asked and answered with full diagram and install info.. part number G11303260 go figure...

Thanks for the help though
  7. Best answer
    Awesome, pics when you do it?
    that way others can follow your lead
    Moto
  8. Best answer selected by w_willgress.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Silverstone Cases USB3 Components