Replacement options for EAH5770

My current video card has problems I have not fully resolved yet. I am looking for replacement options if Asus allows me to return it to the store for credit. I prefer to stay with AMD/ATI because my motherboard supports x-fire, but I am willing to use nVidia. I also plan to purchase a larger monitor (or a 3x1 portrait mode setup) within the next year. Budget constraints depend on my RMA options, but I want to stay below $100 including the return or below $175.00 including tax/shipping for new purchase.

Current video card:
Asus EAH5770 CuCore(factory clocked at 850 MHz core, 1200 MHz memory)

Relative system specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965BE
Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
TruePower-New 750W Blue
LG W2252TQ 22in LCD Monitor (Max. = 1680 x 1050)
2 answers Last reply
More about replacement options eah5770
  1. What's wrong with the 5770? (it's pretty much the best AMD card out their for $100....)

The rest of the system looks rock solid (assuming your also running Win 7 64 bit). Is is a brand new build?
  2. jb6684 said:
    What's wrong with the 5770? (it's pretty much the best AMD card out their for $100....)

The rest of the system looks rock solid (assuming your also running Win 7 64 bit). Is is a brand new build?

I think my current card is faulty (see EAH5770 - Random Driver Crashes) and the in-store stock of 5770s are pretty low at my local retailers. Just looking for input in case the 5770s are out of stock the day I return the card.

The system started as a rebuild, but very few parts remain of the original PC. I think the only parts left unchanged are the case (original build), keyboard, mouse, the media drive bay, and 2-3 HDD not currently in use (they slow the system, original build).

Edit for clarification:
    Depending on my RMA options, my budget is between $100 and $175:
    1) If I do a straight swap, great. No extra money spent.
    2) In-store swap for credit, I am willing to add an additional $100 for a better card(s).
    3) No credit for the card/RMA denied, I am willing to invest up to $175 for a brand new card (online or in-store).
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Asus Graphics