Razer Lycosa Problems, Keyboard cutting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

neonworm

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
Not really sure where to put this, as there isn't a section in peripherals or hardware for keyboards & mice.

I've had a problem with 2 Razer Lycosa keyboards (got one, sent it back, got another and same problem). The problem is, the keyboard randomly cuts out. It's extremely annoying when i'm in game, as I have to quickly unplug and plug back in my USB cable it's connected with. What it does, is if i'm pressing down a key when it happens, the key gets stuck down. Not physically, but it just keeps on pressing the button. I cannot do anything on my keyboard when it happens, can't press anything else etc, but the weird thing is.. the Lycosa is backlit, but the lights stay on, so it can't be the keyboard just turning off every now and then.

It does this randomly, not very often, but just enough to annoy the crap out of you whilst trying to sniper some guy in bfbc2 and you are stuck strafing out of your position.

I've tried updating the firmware, reinstalling the firmware and even getting a new Lycosa keyboard sent to me, but it just isn't helping at all, the problem is still there.

I really love this keyboard and don't really want to get rid of it (the cutting-out isn't very often as I said, so not really enough to make me get my money back) but I would love to know if there is a fix for it or not.

Other info:
I don't have any macro's set to any keys, everything is default in the software which comes with it.
The serial starts with MT111, I know there are other problems with other models, but this one seems slightly different than the MT09 model and other one's problems.

Uninstall the Razer Lycosa software, then restart the computer and the operating system itself will install a keyboard driver, all lights and light control, will still work just fine, the kinkiness will disappear, but you won't be able to use game profiles anymore, but to me that's well worth getting rid of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.