HDMI from PC to Samsung TV blurry

I recently got a Gigabyte GTX 460. Before, I was using a VGA cable and used th res. 1360X768. It was crystal clear and worked fine. When I got this card, I figured HDMI would look better, especially at 1920X1080! Of course, it is blurry and pixelated. I set my tv to "Just Scan" which is Samsung's full pixel mode. Any help is appreciated! Shanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about hdmi samsung blurry
  1. Rename the HDMI input that you are using to "PC"

PC's and TV's process an image slightly differently, and if you don't manually set the HDMI input to "PC", the TV assumes its a TV type input, which results in a VERY blurry image.

I ran into the same exact problem with my Samsung UN40C7000 a while back.
  2. Thank you SO MUCH for the help! I've tried for hours to figure out why the image looked worse than connected by VGA cable.
    Now I can rest in peace :bounce:
  3. gamerk316 said:
    Rename the HDMI input that you are using to "PC"

PC's and TV's process an image slightly differently, and if you don't manually set the HDMI input to "PC", the TV assumes its a TV type input, which results in a VERY blurry image.

I ran into the same exact problem with my Samsung UN40C7000 a while back.

Have been plagued by this problem for months. This solution fixed it - thanks very much. Who would ever have guessed renaming an input would make any difference?
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia HDMI Samsung Graphics