Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Blurry output with HDMI PC to Samsung TV

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 24, 2011 12:22:05 AM

I recently got a Gigabyte GTX 460. Before, I was using a VGA cable and used th res. 1360X768. It was crystal clear and worked fine. When I got this card, I figured HDMI would look better, especially at 1920X1080! Of course, it is blurry and pixelated. I set my tv to "Just Scan" which is Samsung's full pixel mode. Any help is appreciated! Shanks.
March 24, 2011 1:45:08 AM

IDK what "just scan" is, or if that prevents overscanning, but if it doesnt prevent overscanning, that is the most common problem and easily fixable via the graphics control center (google how to turn it off).
March 24, 2011 1:50:38 AM

jryan388 said:
IDK what "just scan" is, or if that prevents overscanning, but if it doesnt prevent overscanning, that is the most common problem and easily fixable via the graphics control center (google how to turn it off).

Just scan is for showing full pixel input. In other words, the full HD signal is shown on the screen. But if the pc settings aren't set to overscan and the tv is set to full hd, idk what the problem is.
Related resources
March 24, 2011 2:11:37 AM

Are you sure the pc isn't set to overscanning? It happens automatically over HDMI on most graphics cards. I had to fix mine when I used HDMI.
Also, is this an HDTV or computer monitor?
March 24, 2011 11:06:41 AM

No reason for two posts...

Rename the HDMI input that you are using to "PC"

PC moniters and TV's process an image slightly differently, and if you don't manually set the HDMI input on the TV to "PC", the TV assumes its a TV type input, which results in a VERY blurry image when a PC input is sent.

I ran into the same exact problem with my Samsung UN40C7000 a while back.
December 26, 2011 4:18:37 PM

gamerk316 said:
No reason for two posts...

Rename the HDMI input that you are using to "PC"

PC moniters and TV's process an image slightly differently, and if you don't manually set the HDMI input on the TV to "PC", the TV assumes its a TV type input, which results in a VERY blurry image when a PC input is sent.

I ran into the same exact problem with my Samsung UN40C7000 a while back.

gamerk316, you saved my life !
I had this problem with the Samsung FX2490HD and could'nt use it on HDMI as it had "no label" inside the TV and the picture was as ugly as possible. It was enough to choose "PC" from the dropdown source TV menu and I was in another world. Thanks ALOT !!!
September 29, 2012 5:52:22 AM

I was having this same problem with an element LED tv, and I read in one of these threads that TVs turn on their "blur vision" when they detect the sound thru HDMI or something like that, so I decided to try doing all this stuff to make it so my sound wasn't being sent with the HDMI, but I couldn't find an HDMI cable, I could only find a DVI/HDMI cable, plugged it in to get ready to mess with it, and wouldn't you know it, now everything is perfect!
By using a DVI to HDMI cable, (DVI plugged into my PC, which then plugs into my TV's HDMI input) it bypasses sending the sound, and doesn't do its blurry vision thing anymore, but has the clearness and sharp awesomeness of HDMI.
I feel like throwing a party!! I've been trying to fix this forever!!
a c 168 Î Nvidia
September 29, 2012 8:56:08 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!