Kodak Easyshare Dock 6000 vs new Dock 3

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
March 2, 2005 2:27:05 AM

I'd like an Easyshare dock for my DX7440. Should I go for the Dock 6000 or wait
for the new Dock 3 to come out in May?

I think the Dock 3 has TV output as the 'new feature', and I'll need the D-26
adapter to use with my 7440.

Are there any charging differences or PC download differences?
Advantages/disadvantages? Will be using this with Windows XP

TIA,
Bowman
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 1:18:22 PM

Greetings Bowman,

If you do not need a Printer Dock till later in the spring/early summer, you
will be get the advanced features of the Printer Dock 3. Also, since that
dock features the newer connectivity, there is an adapter you can get to fit
to all 7000 and 6000 series cameras. Check this site. It will take you
into the future, if you buy a camera down the road a bit, the new interface
will be used and compatible.

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=65...

Not sure about TV, Boman, but I will check.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

"Bowman" <Bowman@bowman.com> wrote in message
> I'd like an Easyshare dock for my DX7440. Should I go for the Dock 6000
or wait
> for the new Dock 3 to come out in May?
>
> I think the Dock 3 has TV output as the 'new feature', and I'll need the
D-26
> adapter to use with my 7440.
>
> Are there any charging differences or PC download differences?
> Advantages/disadvantages? Will be using this with Windows XP
>
> TIA,
> Bowman
March 2, 2005 5:27:32 PM

I hope you can help me. I can no longer transfer pictures from my
Kodak DX7440 to my XP laptop. After two hours with Kodak tech support,

I still have no way to get my pictures from my camera. All they could
say was that my USB port may need to be updated and to check out
microsoft.com. So I did, but I was already up-to-date. Device Manager

already indicates USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller 24CD, Universal Host

Controller and Root Hub. I can't tell you how many times I have
reinstalled the software. Does anyone have any ideas?
March 3, 2005 1:11:30 AM

Hi Ron,
I do not need printing capabilities. I'm interested in the dock to relieve the
need of removing the battery/SD card for recharging/downloading respectively, or
hooking up the USB cable to download. I'm concerned that constantly opening the
rubber side flap to make the USB connection will make the flap loose over time.

I also don't need the TV features of Dock 3, but they would be a fringe benefit.
Looking at Amazon, it appears the Dock 3 is a bit smaller too.

That is why I was wondering if there was any advantage to waiting for the Dock 3
to be released. I thought there may be some other benefits such as
compatibility etc.

The Dock 3 I was looking at is here:
http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=65...
The D-26 accessory link needed for the Dock 3 / DX7440 is here:
http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=65...

Thanks for the reply,
Bowman

!