Installing Windows on P8Z68-V LX usb keyboard?

smokebelch

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Hi,

I just bought a new motherboard. I am trying to install Windows 7 on it via a USB CD drive as my old cd drive was IDE and the new mobo doesnt support that.

When installing windows my computer doesnt recognise USB keyboard or mouse.

The motherboard only has 1 slot at the back for old style keyboard/mouse its both green and purple. I can get the keyboard working but then i get to a stage where i need a mouse to accept the terms and conditions and if i unplug the keyboard and plug in the mouse neither keyboard or mouse will work without a reboot. If i only use the mouse then i will come unstuck at the stage where i need to put a cd key etc.

Can anyone help me with this?

smokebelch

Honorable
May 17, 2012
I mean that the motherboard only has one ps/2 port so i can have an old style mouse and keyboard at the same. please help

wigglerthefish

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
Have you tried using tab to select the options? That way you can avoid having to use the mouse. I don't know, since I've never tried it, but it should work.

smokebelch

Honorable
May 17, 2012
I did try that but thanks.

My problem was i had accidentally put both keyboard and mouse in the usb 3.0 ports. which the mobo doesnt recognise until installed. the 2.0 ports work fine...really frustrating as i didnt even realise that i had put them in those ports!

working fine both keyboard and mouse now! thanks