Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Identity spoofing ?

Last response: in Networking
August 26, 2010 3:12:15 PM

Hi,
Umm.. I'm having a problem my laptop was banned from accessing the Internet but I could connect to the wireless network and share files with the other computer in the network but it is reporting me that the router is blocking off the traffic from the Internet.
So my question is how do I spoof my MAC address and my identity in the wireless network so that it will regonise my as guest or something else because it is a home network and I have no access to the router's configuration page.
(I'm using HP Pavilion dv2108tx,Network interface : Intel Wireless 3945BG [Quite old ;) ] Running : Windows 7 x32 build 7200)

More about : identity spoofing

August 26, 2010 5:19:28 PM

In short, you're SOL.
m
l
August 26, 2010 10:34:24 PM

Yea I'm "*** Out of Luck" but I need solution Just how to change the MAC address will do the trick.
m
l
Related resources
August 27, 2010 1:19:18 PM

If it was that easy, everyone would be doing it.
m
l
August 27, 2010 2:51:25 PM

riser said:
If it was that easy, everyone would be doing it.

Off course it is hard to do since I spend 4 hours Googling and doing other things that Internet told me to it just won't work ! So yea if you would be so kind if you could help me out of this problem. Because my network admin is on holiday and he won't be back until December. Big thanks if you can provide me some working solution. Now I'm using my iPhone to post the thread
m
l

Best solution

August 27, 2010 6:48:53 PM

It goes against the board policies to explain how to do this. MAC Address spoofing is used extensively in hacking and getting around wireless security. This is also why you're not finding an easy fix when googling it.

Why not put another network card in your computer? That'll be a lot easier.
August 28, 2010 3:30:37 AM

Is that the only way ?
Well I guess I'll drop by the mall to look for wireless card then.
m
l
August 30, 2010 5:24:50 PM

You could go out and buy some fancy software for a hundred or two dollars and use that to spoof your MAC address. The benefit would be if you get blocked again can you change the MAC address. Then again, if it is done by your local network admin, they can start blocking your port and you won't have any access.
m
l
September 2, 2010 6:48:21 AM

The admin accidentally block me so I called him he told me to just temporary change the MAC address until he come back.
But nevermind that now I already bought a Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 and it's working well
m
l
September 12, 2010 6:16:34 AM

Best answer selected by Trintin7.
m
l
!